1/144 BA A319 G-EUOD

This month has been a good one for finishing kits - this my fifth one, though it was started several years ago.

Built from the Revell kit with as usual Halfords Appliance White and Fiat Capri Blue as the main paints.  Livery and window decals from Ray at 26Decals (judging by the lack of any activity behind the windows, this airframe must be in storage) with the stencils mostly from the kit sheet.

It had lain unfinished but painted and with a few window decals in place as the filler used for the windows had sunk slightly.  Rather than face stripping the paint, re-filling etc I decided to complete as is:

20210912_161154

20210911_122439

20210911_122207

20210911_122150

Thanks for looking - hopefully it will be joined by an A320 & A321 soon

Mike

• Like 26

2 hours ago, dnl42 said:

Very nicely done!

You did a fabulous job on the decals, particularly around fin and APU

Thanks, I think with hindsight I might have used the Revell decals for fin / tail. On my A320 which is partially decalled I used the 26 version and they didn't settle down as well round the APU.  I suspect that with decals that are designed to fit round a curved surface that if you don't get them in exactly the correct place, then they can be a pain!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Alex1978 said:

Very nice little Airbus,beautifully finished.

The Revell A319 is a really nice kit,such a shame that its no longer in production.

Thanks for sharing

Alex

Thanks for the comment Alex, its especially appreciated as I've long admired your airliners.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2021 at 4:55 PM, dnl42 said:

Very nicely done!

You did a fabulous job on the decals, particularly around fin and APU

And this is what happens when you don't get them in exactly the right position:

20210915_182508

This time it's a Zvezda A320 and definitely 26Decals for the fin/fuselage "flag".  I ended up with a nasty crease near the APU and several applications of decal softener made it rather brittle instead of flattening the crease.  At some point I'll remove the offending section and try again.

Mike

• Sad 1