Newquay 'AFB'

Evalman

It certainly felt like the USAF had taken over Newquay Airport for 2 and a half weeks in June. 

I decided to stay away from the Airport during the four days of the G7 conference, the road closures and other restrictions would have meant viewing from a considerable distance with the associated frustrations of either low cloud or heat haze to contend with.

Instead I decided to concentrate on the week before and after the conference when there were no such restrictions. 

I lost count of the total number of C-17 movements but I think that I counted 12 different serials, some visited two or three times. 

Edited by Evalman
  • Like 11

A terrific set of images Evalman with C17s in a variety of unit markings and glorious sunshine to boot! Never realised before how good Newquay is for photography. Thanks for sharing what was indeed a great month.

Mark

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for looking and commenting.

On 9/12/2021 at 7:07 PM, canberraman said:

A terrific set of images Evalman with C17s in a variety of unit markings and glorious sunshine to boot! Never realised before how good Newquay is for photography. Thanks for sharing what was indeed a great month.

Mark

At the moment Newquay is excellent for photography with access to locations that could only have been dreamt about when it was RAF St Mawgan.   

Unfortunately this will change in the near future with the advent of Spaceport.