Meteor F.8 WH291 79 Squadron in Day Glo - underside photo required

petetasker

Has anyone ever seen an underside shot of this Meteor F.8 (WH291 79 Squadron). It did take part in a few airshows wearing the dayglo during the dim and distant past so I'm assuming there might be shots out there. Just trying to clarify a few details. Thanks very much in advance. 

(The shot below is from 'The Good Old Days Vol 3 The Royal Air Force 1962-1980- superb book!)

5ADFAECC-5C5A-4DDE-BA67-53E1A4EE668F

Meteor F Mk.8, WH291, was operated by No.79 (R) Squadron's Towed Target flight from October 1970 until August 1974 and painted in the overall Grey scheme (including the undersurfaces). It was sent for servicing and returned without the Day Glo strips by 1972 but retained the squadron fuselage marking. It never featured the Black / Yellow TT Stripes

3 hours ago, vampiredave said:

Meteor F Mk.8, WH291, was operated by No.79 (R) Squadron's Towed Target flight from October 1970 until August 1974 and painted in the overall Grey scheme (including the undersurfaces). It was sent for servicing and returned without the Day Glo strips by 1972 but retained the squadron fuselage marking. It never featured the Black / Yellow TT Stripes

Hi Thanks yes I was aware - I just hoped to find a underside shot for reference 

3 hours ago, viscount806x said:

Xtradecal set X48160 has three variations on the F.8 dayglo applications and may be of assistance.

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/X48160?result-token=Q3aru

Cheers mate - yes I've already got that sheet

On 12/09/2021 at 11:40, petetasker said:

Has anyone ever seen an underside shot of this Meteor F.8 (WH291 79 Squadron). It did take part in a few airshows wearing the dayglo during the dim and distant past so I'm assuming there might be shots out there. Just trying to clarify a few details. Thanks very much in advance. 

Best I can do for an underside shot plus an AP diagram of the dayglo layout virtually universally used on the Meteor :-

spacer.png

spacer.png

HTH

Dennis

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, sloegin57 said:

Best I can do for an underside shot plus an AP diagram of the dayglo layout virtually universally used on the Meteor :-

spacer.png

spacer.png

HTH

Dennis

Dennis you’re a star. I managed to find a shot which gave the impression the underside dayglo panels were missing. I guess it may have been like that at some point but your shot confirms they are there. Time to crack on with it. Thanks again

Pete