351, Trumpeter, 1/144

Great job Mick I like the finish on the nose sonar domes and your weathering is it all oils or a mix of paint and oils cracking finish all round.  👍

Stay Safe

beefy

• Thanks 1

Thanks gentlemen. Beefy it's a bit of everything, hairspray, oils, enamels and shading with airbrush. In this case I think I used only Tamiya paints for base colours and Alclad for the the domes. It's a pity it's such an old model, if it was done with modern technologies effect would be much better. This boat has potential ;)  This in very nice scale for submarines, not as big as 1/72 but not as timy as 1/350 or 1/700. We need more models like this :)  Thankfully something is starting to move on this front, that new Shchuka from Zvezda is brilliant and Trumpy is popping them out in that scale for a while now, the downside is that they're concentrating on them new boring ones :P  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
On 10/22/2021 at 1:41 PM, Bertie Psmith said:

It is a very interesting model, beautifully painted. The tiny figures are excellent. And as so many others, I like the sonar dome painting very much.

Is it a real boat or a movie creation?

Somehow I've missed your post. It's a real boat, Chinese converted one normal 033G to this standard. There was no follow ups, so they must have found her to under-perform ;) 

Edited by Michael M
  • Like 1