1/72 RAAF Mosquitos, 1SQN and 464SQN

Well we are back in lockdown with the Delta strain doing its thing here for the last month of so. Fortunately only 15-20 cases a day in our little part of the woods. But it is enough for the authorities to keep us housebound. Our club decided to run a Lockdown Blitz build over a week which as turned into a month long blitz, so this is the result of my attempt which was just finished today. So not so blitzy in the end.

It is two original tool 1/72 Airfix Mossies in the markings 1SQN RAAF (A52-526) and 464SQN RAAF (MM403). I used Aussie Decals for the 1SQN Mossie and DK & PD decals for the 464SQN aircraft.

51451801608_7e24f2c91a_b.jpg
51451801553_eb10a6ebf9_b.jpg
51451556016_a660d3f08b_b.jpg

51451801938_1c9421f5b4_b.jpg
51450799122_9d45b1ef25_b.jpg
51450798082_38e1d1ba6d_b.jpg
51450797967_bb9a77c3be_b.jpg

• Like 35
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

Those look really good Ray, the old Airfix kit scrubs up well with care, as you've shown most ably. :)

What is the white patch on the spine of SB-V, a new one on me?

Steve.

Thanks guys,

Steve, apparently the dingy pack is stowed under that panel, the instructions called for white/light colour. I did it a very light grey. Just looked at the instructions again and it is the surround that is the light colour, so I think I will have to mask and fill the centre in with the camo colour.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Thanks guys,

Steve, apparently the dingy pack is stowed under that panel, the instructions called for white/light colour. I did it a very light grey. Just looked at the instructions again and it is the surround that is the light colour, so I think I will have to mask and fill the centre in with the camo colour.

You should have taken more time Ray 😛

On a serious note, great job in a relatively short space of time 👍👍

mike

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Thanks guys,

Thanks Ray, truthfully, I wouldn't have known what it was either way but I may not have noticed it the same as an outline. 

Steve.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2021 at 10:17 PM, stevehnz said:

Thanks Ray, truthfully, I wouldn't have known what it was either way but I may not have noticed it the same as an outline. 

Steve.

And just for you Steve, I (sort of) fixed it up

51469955083_57b9233d57_b.jpg

• Like 1