Best option for aftermarket engines 1/48 HK B-17G?

28ZComeback

Hello all, 

I am planning to add resin engines to my 1/48 B-17G by Hong Kong. There must be six options available with a wide range of pricing. Eduard Brassin set looks good. Can anyone recommend a set?   My interest is in ease of assembly (as opposed to accuracy) as I have just completed my P-43 with 100 fiddly parts the size of a ant's head.  Thank you all in advance for any response. 

I have good experience with the quality of Eduard resin sets. Generally, I like the quality of their resin sets better than other bigger brands (CMK or Aires). They tend to fit a bit better, tend to have more detail, and tend to be more accurate.

Also, their 1/48 B-17 engines look relatively simple as well (no separate cylinders) so without having seen any of the other options, if Eduard is in your price range you can assume that it'll be good.

• Thanks 1

The Eduard set is nice but it lacks cylinder head cooling fins.  I used the Aires and found them to be easy to build and use.  Again once in the cowling it’s hard to see.  

If you’re going to have a cowling off I’d go with Eduard as they have the cowling mount rings.

If you are building it with cowlings closed the Aires set is hard to beat.

Floyd

• Thanks 1