Zvezda 1/72 ISU-152

srkirad

Relatively easy kit to assemble - I was a bit scared of tracks as a friend of mine managed to breake some wheels during attaching of tracks on his IS-2 that is basis for this kit, but it turned out ok in the end.

- painted with Gunze acrylics

- chipping done using Ammo Scratches Chipping Fluid

- wash done with artistic oils

- gun barrel is metal one from RB model

- I've made headlight from Kristal Klear

- weathering done with MIG pigments

isu-152-016.jpg

isu-152-017.jpg

isu-152-018.jpg

isu-152-019.jpg

isu-152-020.jpg

isu-152-021.jpg

isu-152-022.jpg

isu-152-023.jpg

isu-152-024.jpg

isu-152-025.jpg

isu-152-026.jpg

isu-152-027.jpg

isu-152-028.jpg

isu-152-029.jpg

isu-152-030.jpg

isu-152-031.jpg

isu-152-032.jpg

isu-152-033.jpg

isu-152-034.jpg

isu-152-035.jpg

isu-152-036.jpg

isu-152-037.jpg

isu-152-038.jpg

isu-152-039.jpg

Cheers,

S.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm just posting to agree with those previous comments: absolutely brilliant!

On 9/11/2021 at 5:49 PM, srkirad said:

chipping done using Ammo Scratches Chipping Fluid

Would you tell us more? I haven't heard of this product, but I definitely want to try it having seen your result,

Alan

• Thanks 1

Excellent build, very realistic worn winter scheme!

I had problems with Zvezdas tracks as well.

If you paint wheels and tracks seperately, they won't fit together, so tight is the tolerance.

Of course you also cannot recreate the characteristic sagging of tracks, so prominent on IS and ISU tanks.

• Thanks 1

On 9/26/2021 at 1:39 PM, Angus Tura said:

Would you tell us more? I haven't heard of this product, but I definitely want to try it having seen your result,

First of all, thanks for the kind words mates, I'm glad you like it :)

Regarding to Ammo Scratches Fluid - basically it is "good old" hairspray technique but with a bit more scale modelling specialized chemical product, made by Ammo Mig (Jimenez)

In the following video made by Mig Jimenez I've learned how to work with this product

What is notable is to try to experiment with different manufacturers of colors, as different colors react differently to chipping attempts, so you can get smaller, larger, "dottier" patches - it all depends on different manufacturer color used.

Gunze colors tend to give larger chips - almost patches, Model Master acrylics give more subtle and dot-like chips, while Tamiya is something beetween, so you can choose what you wish depending on subject (AFV, airplanes, more or less chipped surfaces,....)

Also, I've used only Scratches product - Ammo make another product - Heavy chipping fluid - that gives larger patches of worn-out color.

On 9/26/2021 at 5:03 PM, Roman Schilhart said:

Excellent build, very realistic worn winter scheme!

I had problems with Zvezdas tracks as well.

If you paint wheels and tracks seperately, they won't fit together, so tight is the tolerance.

Of course you also cannot recreate the characteristic sagging of tracks, so prominent on IS and ISU tanks.

Thanks Roman, and yes, exactly as you wrote - tracks were soooo tightly fit before paint that it would be impossible to assemble them after potential painting.

And it really annoys that you cannot make them in natural position for IS series of tanks - sagged :(

Once again, thanks for the comments, and hopefully I helped a bit with video posted above.

Cheers,

Srđan

• Thanks 1