RFI: Bedford TK British Petroleum Aircraft Refueler

All: finally over to RFI!  Here's a kit-bash for you.  I reverted the JB Models tactical aircraft refueler to its original civilian status with some drastic alterations, and used bits from both of Airfix's WWII airfield refuelers to fashion the trailer.  To get the tires to be in scale, I used ROCO's 1/87 heavy rig wheel/tire set.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 15

Together with a couple usage suggestions, both in tandem, and singly, for those of you who also like aircraft!

spacer.png

With an Austrian Airlines Caravelle VI R...

spacer.png

...And with an Air UK Fokker F-27-200.  The aircraft are just for decoration, of course!  Your serving size may vary.

• Like 18

Super superb work Alex. Like that. Great work & improvisation.

Great masterclass build topic & as per usual very nice photo presentation.

My disappointment. Not allowing it for my Jersey Airport. 🤣 I am so sad.

Laurie

3 minutes ago, LaurieS said:

Super superb work Alex. Like that. Great work & improvisation.

Dear Laurie, thanks so much for your support and comments!  I believe you have not just one, but two FINA trucks to support your airfield operations, whereas I have none.  This is an attempt on my part to redress that imbalance...

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Dear Laurie, thanks so much for your support and comments!  I believe you have not just one, but two FINA trucks to support your airfield operations, whereas I have none.  This is an attempt on my part to redress that imbalance...

Ah so very funny love it.

Laurie

8 hours ago, klubman01 said:

Brilliant conversion work, great finish.  Well done.

Thanks so much, Trevor!  This was a fun project.  It was even better because I got to use up parts from a long-ago abandoned project (Airfix's airfield refueling set) to complete the bowser trailer.  That reduced the amount of unused "stuff" taking up space in my parts boxes.

1 hour ago, bigbadbadge said:

What a great model, love it, you have done a cracking  job with this. It looks fab with the Aircraft models

Thanks, sir!  Everyone needs a refueling sometime, including me...so this was a nice change of pace away from aircraft.  I'm working on the baggage carts, pallet carts, and tractors now.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2021 at 1:22 AM, JeroenS said:

this is one for the books 🙂 .... Superb job, it looks fantastic.

Thanks so much, Jeroen!  Maybe I'll attempt a catering truck next go-around, also on a converted Bedford chassis...!

On 9/14/2021 at 1:01 PM, Kitkent said:

Thats a very attractive model! A really good result,I think I remember seeing the real thing..Chris.

Thanks so much!  You may very well have.  I think the TK had a very long service life as a fuel truck, which is pretty common for trucks in general, I understand.

• Like 1