Bf109 f-4 trop flown by I./JG 27 Technical Officer Rudolf Sinner, Spring of 1942 Africa. ZVEZDA 1:48

Hi Guys, this is my latest project BF109 F4 ZVEZDA 1:48 in tropical camo. I really liked building this model. Firstly, the price is great for what is offered in the box. Two different variants are offered and very nice details of the engine Daimler-Benz DB 601E. I didn’t have any particular issues during the construction process, everything fitted very well. I would suggest this kit to anyone. Instructions are very clear for each step of the building. I used oil paint for reproducing some sand effect on the undercarriage and along the entire fuselage and upper wings. To create a bit of engine staining, I used “Engine, fuel and oil” from MIG. As canopy masks, I used KV Models, Eduard seat belts and Xtradecal as decals. The model was brushed painted using MIG acrylic paints. I hope you like it and I looking forward to receiving your comments and advices. Thank you guys!!spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Ciao Massimiliano,

I love 109s and I really like your take on this specific airframe. Great painting job. Well done!

I only have to slightly negative points to comment upon:

The aerial mast should be vertical and not canted backward.

The wheels should be aligned with the fuselage, and not diverging outward.

For the rest, it is a winner!

What's next?

JR

Great effort, well done.  Just to follow up on something that jean said earlier - I think possibly the u/c legs may be on back to front, which might account for the wheel misalignment and the 'rearward' angle they are set at.  Could be a relatively easy fix, depending on how they were attached..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MASSIMILIANO said:

Hi Werdna you spot the issue.I have just realized my mistake. I don't want to try  fixing the issue since the wheels were attached with superglue and I am worried to make a big mess.thank you for your comments it helps me to improve. 

If they are superglued, I would leave them where they are - it gives you a good excuse to build another one.. ;) 

1 hour ago, MASSIMILIANO said:

Hello Jean, thank you for your kind comments and advice.To be honest I don't know which model start.I am not sure between these three:P30,Mosquito or P40. Any suggestion??

Hi Massimiliano,

by P30, I assume you mean P-38?

If this is the case, then all three models are superb planes.

My heart would go straight for the P-40! Which kit is it?

Whatever you choose, have fun!

JR