1/72 Airfix Concorde British Airways G-BOAC

Bjorn

• Bjorn changed the title to 1/72 Airfix Concorde British Airways G-BOAC

Bravo! :clap2:

That is very good looking! Your struggles were worthwhile as you were clearly able to tame its problems!

At 90cm, I hope you have quite a large display cabinet and relatively empty shelf! I've thought about a 1/144 version, but even that is still large...

• Thanks 1

You've demonstrated that this kit can be turned into something spectacular.  It looks beautiful.

The weathering gives a nice touch too.

I have five of these to build, I'd love to attempt the weathering effects that you applied.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Bjorn.

You certainly made a fantastic model of MY aircraft G-BOAC.  I flew from New York to London on this Concorde in the in July it was withdrawn.  Congratulations on the excellent finish that you put on your model, it is perfect.    Robin. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Now this is one impressive Concorde.  Your grit and determination resulted in a masterpiece especially given the poor tooling of the kit itself.  Speaking of which, I always forget that us modelers could use a new, modern tooled version of the Concorde.  Hello Airfix…..😉

Beautiful results on this one!!!!! :goodjob:

Mike 

• Thanks 1

On 11/09/2021 at 15:37, Bjorn said:

Fit is horrible, details crude, the decals seems to be made for another 1/72 Concorde and shapes are wrong in many places

So what's wrong with the kit? Sounds like an Amodel ;)

BTW :goodjob: on your miracle working.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Abandoned Project said:

So what's wrong with the kit? Sounds like an Amodel ;)

BTW :goodjob: on your miracle working.

Thanks! Yes, it could have been an Amodel kit... Fit is horrible in many places and some shapes are incorrect - expecially the oversized windscreen, that is a result of the stupid decision from Airfix/Heller to do the nose movable. If you look close, there are several small errors, windows are not in the right place, panel lines and doors are slightly wrong etc etc. But I can live with that, to me it looks like a Concorde anyway. But the poor fit almost made me give up, so I needed a one-year-break to finally find courage and energy to finish it. A decision I definitely don't regret. It is a pleasure to see it finished, huge and beautiful!

• Like 2