A-20 in Soviet Service - Bombload question

Roman Schilhart

Dear fellow Britmodellers,

I am building the Soviet Lend-Lease version of the A-20 Boston:

dd3fd755-2a57-4547-a6cf-928ca26d62ce.jpg

I opened up the bomb bay doors and scratch-built the interior.

Now the question arises: what type of bombs would this aircraft carry?

Would it be fitted with US bombs, supplied under the Lend Lease agreement?

Or rather with Soviet bombs?

I assume the bomb locks of US and Soviet types were not compatible.

I could find no conclusive info online or in my library.

I'll be grateful for each resuming information!

Thank you very much for your help.

Roman

• Like 1

In the dim dark recesses of my past I was very much a fan of the computer simulation IL-2 Sturmovik by 1C/Maddox games which eventually had the A20C and A20G modeled in game.

I seem to recall their loadouts included Soviet FAB-50 & 100 bombs at least.

Now, bearing in mind this is only a computer game/simulation (although an apparently competently researched one) if you like I can reassemble my old gaming PC that had this installed and take a look at the loadout options on offer?

Edited by Gazontipede
cannot spell... :P
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Gazontipede said:

In the dim dark recesses of my past I was very much a fan of the computer simulation IL-2 Sturmovik by 1C/Maddox games which eventually had the A20C and A20G modeled in game.

I seem to recall their loadouts included Soviet FAB-50 & 100 bombs at least.

Now, bearing in mind this is only a computer game/simulation (although an apparently competently researched one) if you like I can reassemble my old gaming PC that had this installed and take a look at the loadout options on offer?

I still have this installed but it is a special modded version amde by me and a friend fo mine with new damage modelling and much more accurate flight modelling based on original documentation. We have several A-20 versions in the game and there are many types of Soviet bomb load outs available, including soem with FAB 500, I think monted externally on the side of the bomb bay pon big racks like some of the later versions used in Soviet service.

It is an old game now and a bit outdated graphically, but man, it is a good game with an enorumous number of plane types available, both the original and our mdoded game. There is still a forum devoted to it with its own modding community but they use different flight models and damage models than we do.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For russian A-20C. If it is difficult with the language, 4 FAB 250 modifications of the "ЦК" were placed in Boston, or 4 FAB-100s of any modification. FAB-250CK is shorter than other modifications. СК - "ЦК" short for - "Цельно Кованая" - solid forged. 
img017.jpg

kkkk-0137.jpgkkkk-0159.jpg

Edited by DLinevitch
  • Like 2