Dragon StuG. III magic tracks, Grey and dark grey /which side?

Einar

Hi,

I'm in the process of building a Finnish StuG III from the Dragon kit No 6320. I have a question (most probably a stupid one) concerning the Magic tracks. They are in two bags, and the tracks are light grey in one bag and dark grey in the other. The instructions only tell you to put the tracks marked "M" on the right side and the "K" on the left. I'm confused, as to which colour goes to which side...and what to the letters M and K actually mean (since the bags have no letters) There must be a simple answer but somehow I cannot figure it out. Could somebody help me please.

Cheers

Einar

Light Grey is "M"

Dark Grey is "K"

The difference is the most subtle flat or representation of a split pin. The other side is a simple dome.

Dragon Magic Tracks 1

Here are both ends of a dark grey "K" link. See the one on the right has the end like the instructions.

Dragon Magic Tracks 3

Frankly it is so subtle it makes little difference and often obscured by some flash. 

Ray

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Ray_W said:

Light Grey is "M"

Dark Grey is "K"

The difference is the most subtle flat or representation of a split pin. The other side is a simple dome.

Dragon Magic Tracks 1

Here are both ends of a dark grey "K" link. See the one on the right has the end like the instructions.

Dragon Magic Tracks 3

Frankly it is so subtle it makes little difference and often obscured by some flash. 

Ray

Thank you very Ray🙏

Honestly, I wouldn't have guessed myself the difference between the M and K tracks. The picture in the instructions was quite ambiguous and the difference is almost inexistent but now that you've given me the explanation I understand the name of the game😀

Thanks again,

Einar

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Einar said:

The picture in the instructions was quite ambiguous and the difference is almost inexistent but now that you've given me the explanation I understand the name of the game

You can see here what they were trying to replicate.

Dragon Magic Tracks 4

Ray

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1