Erinyes over Denmark (1/72 464 Squadron Tamiya Mosquito FB.VI)

Procopius

4 hours ago, philp said:

Had a buddy who was building while sitting at his coffee table.  He had his legs under the table and put his X-acto down and watched it roll (he said seemed like slow motion) off the table and land in his leg.

I had a similar experience a while back, never moved my feet so quickly.  No injury, but left pondering the wisdom of hobby knives with round handles....

AW

I’d like to join the ranks of those glad that you’re not dead. 

58 minutes ago, Andwil said:

I had a similar experience a while back, never moved my feet so quickly.  No injury, but left pondering the wisdom of hobby knives with round handles....

I firmly believe that one of the main advantages of the Swann-Morton handle is its inability to roll off the table and impale your lower limbs. 

Craig. 

• Like 5

Yes, superglue was originally developed for plastic surgery, particularly on the face where sutures can leave scars. Facial wounds on the face and neck heal very quickly as there is a good blood supply and do leaving stitches for any length of time leads to scarring etc.

When I worked in ENT we had to remove sutures from patients who had laryngectomy and had a permanent tracheostomy. The surgeons used thick sutures to secure the trachea to the skin and they were left in for three weeks. They were not easy to remove as skin had grown over and around them. 

• Sad 1

Hmm. Some 45-odd years ago, a pen-knife tried to spring shut with my right index finger in the way. Once I'd freed the digit, I looked closely at the wound. No blood. Then I looked closer, and there was lots. Perhaps I shouldn't have looked! Some astringent that stung like nobody's business and suitable plasters staunched the blood and aided healing.

When I pick up a suntan in the summer, I can still see the cut as a faint pale line.

These days, I merely stab myself with drill bits. Perhaps I should invest in a small vice to hold the parts I drill.

8 hours ago, Andwil said:

No injury, but left pondering the wisdom of hobby knives with round handles....

I shimmed the front legs of my hobby table so that everything that can roll will roll toward the back and into the wall. 

Chris

• Like 4