Erinyes over Denmark (1/72 464 Squadron Tamiya Mosquito FB.VI)

Procopius

7 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

Mr. @Cookenbacher - you up for another road trip? We can't let @Procopius out of confinement without supervision! Those ankle bracelets are too easy to circumvent.     :)

Cheers,

Bill

It would hardly be the same without you two! Shall we mark our calendars for 2022?

• Like 6

I certainly hope to be there again next year, my Father turns 90 on 7th so I must be there for that! Hopefully I can get some road trip time in with the Stateside guests this time, I missed the museum tours last time!

Ian

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Terry1954 said:

Now what about that F-102A I can see in that last picture .............. ?

I've been knocking it together like nobody's business. 

51712763664_542f9e8d6d_b.jpgPXL_20211128_054128650 by Edward IX, on Flickr

This was all in two days. Probably not my best work. but...

• Like 7

I  think you can see that we all agree that weathering 'might' be very nice but generally only if a specific airframe within a time frame is being sculpted*, myself in general I prefer to see the actual work of art that is the model and certainly without all sorts of notional panels and lines blacked in.

Mossie looks wonderful, as she is.

*re: Mr Friday's amazing Spitfire thingy.

• 4 weeks later...

Be careful with x-acto knives, folks! I accidentally drove a scalpel clean through my right index finger and passed out trying to bandage it. Thankfully Mrs P was here to make sure it got taken care of and I am not dead. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 10

16 minutes ago, Procopius said:

Be careful with x-acto knives, folks! I accidentally drove a scalpel clean through my right index finger and passed out trying to bandage it. Thankfully Mrs P was here to make sure it got taken care of and I am not dead. 

Ouch! Glad you're not dead.   :)

I once sliced off the fingerprints on my right index finger with a razor blade - hurt like Hades. But at least I now know two things - 1) be careful with a razor blade and 2) use my right index finger when committing a crime.

Cheers,

Bill

PS. Get that wound stitched up!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I only stuck a No.11 Xacto into the side of my left thumb. Luckily, the bone stopped it from going in too far.

It didn't bleed too much but it hurt like hell! I swore and cussed profusely.

Chris

• Like 1

Hi, the Mossie looks very good and I wouldn't lose any sleep over the weathering. 

The advantages of a cut with a relatively fresh craft or scalpel blades

They are usually clean and so less chance of infection. 

They give a very clean and narrow cut and so healing can take place by first intention, which is a lot quicker. 

The downside is that a scalpel blade is designed to cut tissue and so goes through blood vessels very easily. As you you have found they hurt like hell. If the wound is gaping and continues to bleed, then it needs to be looked at with a view to sutures or steristrips. Less chance of infection or a scar. I have an inch and a bit scar on my right thumb from a Swann-Morton No11 blade that at least made my understand what A&E patients went through when I did my student placement. 

• Like 1

Amazingly, my insurance covered a tetanus shot in toto -- I didn't go to the ER in part because of concerns over the expense, given our recent need to get chimney repairs and need of a new dryer. Free at the point of use is a precious gift, folks.

• Like 7

I thought tetanus shots were normally in the arm or the ar......seriously, hope that all is well, what a thing to happen - I guess we've all done it at some point

Very glad that you're not dead!

Geoff

Had a buddy who was building while sitting at his coffee table.  He had his legs under the table and put his X-acto down and watched it roll (he said seemed like slow motion) off the table and land in his leg.

Remember, Super Glue was invented to seal small wounds.  Well, I read that somewhere on the interweb so it must be true.

Glad your not dead.