MAJOR B.T OUTAGE FOR TIGER HOBBIEES NO PHONES

TIGER HOBBIESLIMITED

Wednesday 01 Sept 2021 some nice person rammed a local B.T. Junction box and took out all the B.T. Telicoms including all internet connections to a large number of Business and residences in our local Area including Tiger Hobbies

We are operating on emergency data supplied by a Dongle and a number of mobile phone using tethering,

We have enough data to do all the ordering in a morning, sort out any emails and sort out RM, Parcel Force and DPD Labels in the afternoon.

Our Phone System is totally down ( it runs though the internet ) 

At this time we have no fixed forecast for our main data reconnection. coming up 9 days since the incident,  I know this was not B.T Fault, but today communications are quite important and having Junction boxes that control it placed on main roads or basically unsecured locations is stupid.  This was an act of vandalism so if it can happen once it can happen again. 

Edited by TIGER HOBBIESLIMITED

6 minutes ago, TIGER HOBBIESLIMITED said:

At this time we have no fixed forcast for our main data reconnection. coming up 9 days,  I know this was not B.T Fault but 9 days withgout reconnection really,

That's bad news but, as you say, it wasn't BT's fault but already you are pointing the finger at them?  You think they just drop in a new box?

• Like 1

We had a similar problem during the 1st lockdown - where the unit next to ours caught fire & fried all our phone & internet connections that ran past their building.  Luckily - one of our staff spotted the incident & we reported it straight away (7am in the morning).  Thanks to the work of some very determined BT engineers we were up & running again within 5 hours.  This I think was AMAZING!!!

The previous time we had a problem (someone dug a whole in the next street which was literally the size of a house) - we were without any services for over a week - not so brilliant.