Dragons are real, and this one is Finnish-ed!

On 11/7/2021 at 9:24 PM, modelling minion said:

Not a problem mate, I have been called a lot worse than that I can assure you!

But never last for dinner huh??  :D   Least he didn't call you Rich! :rofl2:

Nice paint job and finish Craig (see even I managed to get it right...... :bleh: ), she's looking really nice, that flat coat is all she needs now. well done:thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, trickyrich said:

But never last for dinner huh??  :D   Least he didn't call you Rich! :rofl2:

Nice paint job and finish Craig (see even I managed to get it right...... :bleh: ), she's looking really nice, that flat coat is all she needs now. well done:thumbsup:

Thanks mate, she is done now apart from the missiles, though I am debating whether to fit any. Not touched her this weekend as I have been off buying new plastic from the IPMS UK show at Telford.

• Like 2

On 11/7/2021 at 2:24 AM, modelling minion said:

Not a problem mate, I have been called a lot worse than that I can assure you!

He was probably trying to carry on multiple conversations.  Multi-tasking isn't everyone's best suit (lord knows it ain't mine).  :lol:

• Haha 1

Hi Craig! I can’t recall commenting on here but based on seeing her at SMW I’d say you have a winner there! After our chat I looked up the white serial machines, looking for something with the yellow tail badge but I couldn’t :(. I reckon I will have to resort to the black option. Hey ho :)

Martin

• Like 1

9 hours ago, helios16v said:

I've been a bit remiss about checking in, but it seems you've been getting along quite nicely.  :thumbsup:

Cheers Chris, she's pretty much done, I am just deciding whether to add some missiles to her or not. I will be honest as I really lose enthusiasm when doing stores for aircraft very easily and have been distracted by one of my purchases from Telford at the weekend.

5 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

Hi Craig! I can’t recall commenting on here but based on seeing her at SMW I’d say you have a winner there! After our chat I looked up the white serial machines, looking for something with the yellow tail badge but I couldn’t :(. I reckon I will have to resort to the black option. Hey ho :)

Martin

Thanks Martin I really appreciate that. There are pics of white serialed aircraft with Vincent on the tail but as I said at Telford they are all of the earlier version with a different canopy and tail, other than DK-215, thats the only one OOTB that fits the requirements.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Cheers Chris, she's pretty much done, I am just deciding whether to add some missiles to her or not. I will be honest as I really lose enthusiasm when doing stores for aircraft very easily and have been distracted by one of my purchases from Telford at the weekend.

Thanks Martin I really appreciate that. There are pics of white serialed aircraft with Vincent on the tail but as I said at Telford they are all of the earlier version with a different canopy and tail, other than DK-215, thats the only one OOTB that fits the requirements.

Actually I just found that on YouTube. It is on a video on YouTube and I realised today after looking at that again. I just need to get the serial drawn and printed and then get some reference photos ;) easy! ;) …. Or not!! ;)

M

• Like 1

6 hours ago, modelling minion said:

.....and have been distracted by one of my purchases from Telford at the weekend.

You're going to post a leading comment like that and not any deets?!  Tease.  What'd you find?  I would like to say I've been better about acquiring kits...but if anyone in here has been following the Phantom chat they'd be calling me a liar.  :chair:

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, helios16v said:

Lovely finds.  I've got one of the RBs in 1/48th.  I was so hoping the 25/31 STGB would make it through...but unfortunately it never really got off the ground.  :(

I built a 1/48 RBT a few years ago for one of the NATO/WARPAC GB's (1970's I think) and really enjoyed it, a great kit. It's only problem is that its so damn big! And thats why I ordered a couple of 1/72 ones in preparation for the Mig-25/31 GB, oh well. I have started building the RU 2 seater anyway and its just as good as the 1/48 kits.

• Like 1

You already got the 1/48 Bronco and found a Marchetti. Lucky you. I hope that Santa Claus will bring me the Bronco and SH told me their 1/48 SF 260 is still planned but it's for next year, no more precisions. Let's be patient.

I wish you fun with your finds.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, PattheCat said:

You already got the 1/48 Bronco and found a Marchetti. Lucky you. I hope that Santa Claus will bring me the Bronco and SH told me their 1/48 SF 260 is still planned but it's for next year, no more precisions. Let's be patient.

I wish you fun with your finds.

Thanks Pat, yes I know that SH are supposed to be bringing out their 1/48 SF-260 next year but Hannants had these on offer and then an extra 10% off for collecting at Telford so it worked out around £10, now I just need to build it before the SH one gets released!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2021 at 4:03 AM, modelling minion said:

spacer.png

There you go mate, got a couple of books and decal sheets too.

You and Chris arn't related are you?????:blink:  Probably not as you didn't buy any Phantoms as well!!!  :rofl2:

• Haha 3

On 11/7/2021 at 12:12 PM, modelling minion said:

Need to get a matt coat on her today and then can get her standing on her own legs.

She is beautiful! Just a little kick to get her to the goal! ;)

Cheers,

AaCee

• Thanks 1

On 11/18/2021 at 11:04 AM, modelling minion said:

I think thre are possible conversion paints to downgrade Filip to Bertil by Maestro models: Lower canopy, different dorsal intakse, shorter intakes, single fuselage drop tank rack and fin tip. At least they are available for 1/72.

Finnish S-types used in the beginnig until late 1980's big, Danish-type external fuel tanks.

Cheers,

AaCee

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, AaCee26 said:

She is beautiful! Just a little kick to get her to the goal! ;)

Cheers,

AaCee

Thanks, I have decided that she is actually finished. I have been having trouble getting decent coverage with white paint for the missiles so have decided not to fit them, besides most of the times you see pictures of them they are unarmed. Hopefully the light will be half decent tomorrow so I can take some pictures for the thread and the gallery.

41 minutes ago, AaCee26 said:

I think thre are possible conversion paints to downgrade Filip to Bertil by Maestro models: Lower canopy, different dorsal intakse, shorter intakes, single fuselage drop tank rack and fin tip. At least they are available for 1/72.

Finnish S-types used in the beginnig until late 1980's big, Danish-type external fuel tanks.

Cheers,

AaCee

There are some very nice sets by Maestro for the Draken and I shall be looking into getting some of them as I would like to build more of them in the future. I also need to get more reference books on them too.

• Like 1

Well enough sun has finally emerged from behind the seemingly eve present clouds to enable me to take some pictures of the completed Draken! As I mentioned earlier I have decided to fit any missiles to this one, partly because I have had real issues with spraying white for some reason. Anyway, enough waffle here are some pictures of the finished model;

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I shall post some more pictures in the gallery.

All that remains is for me to thank everyone who has popped along and had a look and commented during the build and of course our Rich @trickyrich for proposing and hosting this excellent GB. And as usual all comments and criticisms are gratefully received.

Craig.

• Like 13

• modelling minion changed the title to Dragons are real, and this one is Finnish-ed!