USA Newbie introduction

57spyder

Hello all,

I am Ray Colbert in the USA. I am into modeling, trains (inside and out), what you brits call autoslalom, and hill climbs. Also amateur radio. 
I build models of all types usually older ones that I rescue from the trash at my local hobby shop.

The owner is like a drug pusher and when I see him I spend at least $100.

Ray Colbert

Pittsburgh PA USA

• Like 10

Hello Ray … :post1: from Chicago, Im mostly an aircraft builder myself. I have a few family friends in Pittsburgh and get there every few years to visit. Your screen name wouldn't be referencing a certain famous Porsche would it ? If so sad story, interesting choice, and a famous car. 

Dennis

Yes my screen name does refer to that car.  I built a full size replica to hill climb here in PA.  I unfortunately had to sell it a few years ago. It was painted British racing green with gold stripes. 

Ray

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum from Yorkshire. I am an aircraft modeller, exclusively in 1/72nd, but I dabble in railways (in our weird 'OO' gauge). 

Enjoy your time here. 

Welcome to BM from Brisbane (that would be way, way, waaaayyyy to your southwest).

You'll find that everyone on here is supportive and helpful and will willingly offer you ideas on how to spend even more money on our wonderful hobby.:pilot:

DennisTheBear

• Like 1

Welcome Ray!  Sounds like you have a great relationship with the local Hobby Store.  I’m into large scale Uboats and spend most of my time in the water section of the forums.  Glad your here. 
Brian, California