Argentinian A-4C Skyhawk, Trumpeter 1/32 kit

37 minutes ago, Solvent Parrot said:

That's superb. Such a commitment to detail and I assume an insane amount of research not just on the aircraft, schemes etc but on the aftermarket bits. 

To be honest, not too much research, as I took for granted that the resin parts were correct. There aren't too many good photos of this aircraft at the time, so a lot of the paint work was a guesstimate.

Andy

Andy,

While I prefer 1 / 72 scale kits, the level of detail on larger scale kits such as this 32nd scale Skyhawk is extraordinary.  Combine that with your impressive skill level and you have turned this Scooter into a masterpiece.  Very nice!!!! :goodjob:

Mike

5 hours ago, Sky Keg said:

Andy,

While I prefer 1 / 72 scale kits, the level of detail on larger scale kits such as this 32nd scale Skyhawk is extraordinary.  Combine that with your impressive skill level and you have turned this Scooter into a masterpiece.  Very nice!!!! :goodjob:

Mike

as i said above Mike, it was fun to work on something larger, as the painting and weathering seemed far easier, and the new techniques i tried could be more easily seen

Andy

• Like 1

Excellent work, here's an IRL photo of the aircraft to accompany your work.

What colours did you use? I'm guessing some sort of "off-white" or very weathered white, plus Olive Drab.

KElX4b1.jpeg

7 hours ago, Sturmovik said:

Excellent work, here's an IRL photo of the aircraft to accompany your work.

What colours did you use? I'm guessing some sort of "off-white" or very weathered white, plus Olive Drab.

KElX4b1.jpeg

Thanks again for the comments.

I used Mr Hobby H311 FS36622 for the underside, as I presumed it would be the same as the Mirages/Daggers.

The topsides were Mr Hobby White with a spot of grey added for the light grey, just mixed by eye. The dark green was Mr Hobby H309 FS34079, again presuming it would be the same as the other aircraft. It looks right.

I used MRP 407 Insignia Yellow over-painted with Mr Hobby Sky Blue H25? (the label is torn!).

Again, my presumption was that it was war, urgent, and they used whatever blue paint they could easily get hold of. In other words, the same blue as the roundels.

It was the yellow that makes it look turquoise.This also looks exactly right on the model.

Cheers

Andy

• Thanks 1