Hobby Boss Easy Assembly 1/48 P-47D - What If

Well gents,

My NMF adventure which brought me much joy and many tears (and occasional bursts of anger, frustration and despair) has come to an end. She's finally RFI! :)

This is my first finished NMF model where I experimented and learned A LOT, mostly about what not to do! :) I hope that the next one will be better since I should now know what I am doing... to some extent. :)

I call this adventure Zen And The Art Of NMF, as I needed a lot of patience, inner peace and tolerance for all the f'ups I made. 😀

It turned out OK in the end, although I should have taken care of details better (I didn't even paint the navigation lights), but I just wanted to get it done in this lifetime and move on to the next build. The Vallejo satin coat definitely killed the sheen more than I intended, but now I know better about the order of painting and how to potentially avoid clear coating over metalizers... At least I hope.

For those interested, all my agony and ecstasy can be seen in the WIP thread below: 

I am not much of a photographer and will have to improve on that.

Thanks for looking. Any comments and criticism are more than welcome.

Best,

Nikola

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Nikola Topalov
  • Like 26

On 9/19/2021 at 9:35 AM, 2lefthands said:

This i way beyond OK

I really like your weathering. It is convincing because it is irregular :)

Thank you very much TLH! Appreciated!

Yes, I try to keep weathering of my models irregular and as much natural as I can every time. It just looks better and more interesting to my eye, and more realistic.

Not saying that I succeed every time. :)

Best,

Nikola