When the hurly burly's done, When the battle's lost and won. - ICM 1/72 Polikarpov U-2/Po-2VS

AliGauld

14 minutes ago, Procopius said:

Looks like an intriguing build, Ali! What do you plan on doing for the rigging?

I'm looking forward to it. 

I've got some Uschi Van Der Rosten rigging thread to use on it.

Not certain if I'm taking on too much but we'll give it a go.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 3

"By the pricking of my thumbs, something awesome this way comes!"

Quack collapses in a heap, cackling in a broken falsetto as Mrs. Q rolls her eyes and mutters something about getting his prescription renewed early.

Looking forward to another great build Alistair.

You're getting through quite a range of subjects!

Q

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Yes, very nice! A 'Kukuruznik', which means 'corn-cutter' or something to that effect. I think this is a tribute to its low-flying skills. Best of luck on the build!

Regards,

Jason

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dr. Quack said:

"By the pricking of my thumbs, something awesome this way comes!"

Quack collapses in a heap, cackling in a broken falsetto as Mrs. Q rolls her eyes and mutters something about getting his prescription renewed early.

Looking forward to another great build Alistair.

You're getting through quite a range of subjects!

Q

Thanks Q.

I've got a pile of stuff there and just build whatever happens to jump out at me.

A bit of a modelling Magpie I'm...... Ooh Shiny.:giggle:

Cheers,

Alistair

1 minute ago, Learstang said:

Yes, very nice! A 'Kukuruznik', which means 'corn-cutter' or something to that effect. I think this is a tribute to its low-flying skills. Best of luck on the build!

Regards,

Jason

Many Thanks Jason.

I may need some luck with this one.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, 2996 Victor said:

Ah-ha! The Scottish Play! ;) 

A very interesting subject, Alistair, one I'm not familiar with, so I'll be following if I may! The rigging process is something I've yet to tackle, so I'll be watching closely.

Cheers,

Mark

Ah one of my favourite bits of Blackadder.

But I wasn't sure what you meant  by The Scottish Play and realised you you were referencing Macbeth*. :wicked:

Don't watch too closely there could be a lot of fudging going on.

Cheers,

Alistair

* I'm allowed to say it as he was allegedly born in Dingwall Castle , the partial remains of which still lie at the bottom of Tulloch Street Dingwall. So there. :giggle:

14 minutes ago, Dandie Dinmont said:

For some reason, I thought this was 1/32nd. Realising its true scale makes the rigging challenge ahead of you seem even more formidable. Better crank the Opivisor up to 11 for this one. I'm sure you will cope admirably though.

Craig.

I expect to be fairly googly-eyed by the end but it's something that I'm going to need to practice. So, here we go. :whistle:

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

Ah one of my favourite bits of Blackadder.

But I wasn't sure what you meant  by The Scottish Play and realised you you were referencing Macbeth*. :wicked:

* I'm allowed to say it as he was allegedly born in Dingwall Castle , the partial remains of which still lie at the bottom of Tulloch Street Dingwall. So there. :giggle:

One of my favourites as well! I was laughing watching the clip :rofl2:

I think the curse is only supposed to apply if you mention his name inside a theatre, but I've got enough trouble at the moment, so I ain't risking it ;) 

12 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

Don't watch too closely there could be a lot of fudging going on.

Fudging is how I get from one day to the next.....

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I built one earlier this year (one of four Po-2s from different kit manufacturers) and I can confirm that it's a lovely kit, but make sure you have made an offering to the Carpet Monster before you start, because it has lots of tiny bits. Looking forward to it!

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 2996 Victor said:

I think the curse is only supposed to apply if you mention his name inside a theatre

I believe it works here too on a certain Spadgent or at least it does when he is being teased by our beloved tentacled Martian overlord. :rofl2:

2 hours ago, 2996 Victor said:

Fudging is how I get from one day to the next.....

A man after my own heart. 38 years bluffing my way on the Railway and I'm not stopping now. 😉.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, RevDWC said:

I've recently added this to my stash, so I hope you don't mind me tagging along. 

Justin.

Welcome to the madhouse all are welcome here. 😀

Now why when I typed that did I have the voice of Robert Ridgely from Blazing Saddles in my head. 

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AdrianMF said:

I built one earlier this year (one of four Po-2s from different kit manufacturers) and I can confirm that it's a lovely kit, but make sure you have made an offering to the Carpet Monster before you start, because it has lots of tiny bits. Looking forward to it!

Regards,

Adrian

Thanks Adrian,

I have referred to your builds on these in the near past and would like to thank you in advance for the help.

In fact there was one particular photo with the rigging mostly done and the top wing still to be attached that gave me the belief and final nudge to get on with it. 

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, clive_t said:

Yes, I'm in. I have this kit, or at least an earlier boxing of it, so looking forward to seeing how you get on with it.

Thanks and welcome aboard.

Let's hope it's not too wild a ride.

Cheers,

Alistair

3 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Excellent,  a subject with rigging  looking forward to this one Alistair,  don't worry about rigging it's not as bad as you think. Good luck with your build. 

Chris

Thanks Chris,

It's something I'll need to learn how to do reasonably, especially for that Felixstowe when it comes around.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

Thanks Chris,

It's something I'll need to learn how to do reasonably, especially for that Felixstowe when it comes around.

Cheers,

Alistair

Oooooo yeah, I  keep looking at mine in the stash , but I need to clear a couple first!!!

Chris 

• Like 2

I have this kit also, and it looks lovely in the box (it has few dozen Soviet kits ahead of it in the production line, however). One thing I remember, and I don't know if they corrected it, but originally they had the propeller spinning in the wrong direction so you might look out for that. At one time, there was an AM replacement for it, handed properly. Quickboost had it, perhaps?

Regards,

Jason

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Learstang said:

I have this kit also, and it looks lovely in the box (it has few dozen Soviet kits ahead of it in the production line, however). One thing I remember, and I don't know if they corrected it, but originally they had the propeller spinning in the wrong direction so you might look out for that. At one time, there was an AM replacement for it, handed properly. Quickboost had it, perhaps?

Regards,

Jason

Thanks Jason,

I'll need to have a look for that.

Edit: I've just checked a few pictures and the kit one is a little on the skinny side but has the correct orientation.

I'll see if there's a better one available.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1

Well at least they've fixed the orientation. That's good - I like when a company actually corrects kit problems, even if it's mid-production. We all make mistakes, but when you find out, fix it! I just looked at eBay, and it was Quickboost who made a replacement propeller. It's not cheap - the cheapest one I've seen is 7.62USD. Maybe you can beef up the one you have, as long it's the correct orientation.

Regards,

Jason

• Like 2