Wreckless Erik

Foxbat

It really looks like he means business! Very nice result.

I'm thinking of doing a figure for Not my comfort zone GB if that one makes it. I really should try a figure once.

1 minute ago, JeroenS said:

It really looks like he means business! Very nice result.

I'm thinking of doing a figure for Not my comfort zone GB if that one makes it. I really should try a figure once.

Thank you. Yes, you really should try a figure. Lots of using brushes for slopping paint about, no decals and no masking means it like a modelling holidayΒ :)

Β 

Andy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Foxbat said:

Thank you. Yes, you really should try a figure. Lots of using brushes for slopping paint about, no decals and no masking means it like a modelling holidayΒ :)

Β 

Andy

Well, if you put it that way...Β 

gee he looks awesome...and very frightening!!

Β 

you've done an amazing job on him, especially the paint work. I'm amazed you actually managed to get multiple coat of tamiya acrylic paint to go on top of each other!!! I try and they all seem to either want to come off/mix all together or just go super streaky!

Β 

Everything just looks right paint job/colours, well done.Β :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

Β 

Β 

9 hours ago, trickyrich said:

gee he looks awesome...and very frightening!!

Β 

you've done an amazing job on him, especially the paint work. I'm amazed you actually managed to get multiple coat of tamiya acrylic paint to go on top of each other!!! I try and they all seem to either want to come off/mix all together or just go super streaky!

Β 

Everything just looks right paint job/colours, well done.Β :thumbsup:

Thank you. I had help choosing colours from a friend who does re-enactment and whoΒ kept me right as I was working on him. I used photos of her group for reference and all theΒ bits of historical info I dropped in are from her too - my knowledge of Vikings was very limited before I started this project.

Β 

There are three secrets to layering Tamiya paints:

1. Sheer bloody minded perseverance

2. Leaving enough time for the paint that's already on to fully cure before the next coat

3. Don't take pictures of the bits that go horribly wrong πŸ˜‚

Β 

Andy

Edited by Foxbat
  • Haha 3

Calling him done. Some quick and dirtty pictures for now. Once he's set enough that I can move him I'll dust down the base and take some gallery shots that don't have my desk clutter as a background.Β 

spacer.png

Β 

spacer.png

Β 

spacer.png

Β 

That was a fun build, might be tempted to another one. Off to explore the rest of the GB in the meantime though :)

Andy

• Like 12

wow he's awesome looking.... and a bit scary, well done!!!!:thumbsup:

Β 

You've done a great job on him, I'm so glad you decided to join the build with a figure, it's great to see them in GB as they're not often seen here.

Β 

I hope you enjoyed the build, it was a real pleasure to have you along and to follow this build.Β 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, trickyrich said:

wow he's awesome looking.... and a bit scary, well done!!!!:thumbsup:

Β 

You've done a great job on him, I'm so glad you decided to join the build with a figure, it's great to see them in GB as they're not often seen here.

Β 

I hope you enjoyed the build, it was a real pleasure to have you along and to follow this build.Β 

Cheers Rich, I had a blast taking part. Kind of got the taste for big figures now, got three very different WW2 ones in the post. None of them qualify for this GB, but they'll be around somewhere soon :)

Β 

Andy

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John Masters said:

Very nice Andy. Β To be honest, I also liked him with the open skull. Β Perhaps you could have filled it with ale or mead? Β 

Would have saved time trying to find the skull of an enemy πŸ˜„

Β 

Andy

• 5 weeks later...