Italian Smoke Ring Camouflage (D32014) 1:32 Eduard

Julien

Italian Smoke Ring Camouflage (D32014)

1:32 Eduard

spacer.png

It’s the end of the hobby as we know it!  …Again.  A while ago I remember when Mike Grant released a set of Italian smoke ring decals, and was angrily accused of killing our hobby by some.  All the poor chap was trying to do was make it possible for modellers that aren’t airbrush gods to make realistic-looking camouflage for their Italian models.  Hopefully this set won’t be greeted by shrieks of derision, and those that did the shrieking last time now feel thoroughly ashamed of themselves for it.  They won’t. 

This set arrives in a clear foil re-sealable envelope with a card stiffener, a cover page with instructions, plus the decal sheets with wax paper protecting the delicate printed surface.  The instructions are simply the two drawings on the cover, and a short length of text states that they have been drawn exclusively for the M.202/205, although I have a feeling that they’ll be useful for all sorts of other Italian aircraft subjects too.  At the risk of being told that there are duplicates by someone with a far better set of eyes and grasp of tessellation, I think that all of the various rings are individually designed, which will make applying them less arduous of a task.  There are a number of rings of various shapes and sizes, all of which are in-scale with each other, and printed in a green shade with fuzzy edges as they were sprayed by the groundcrew on the real thing.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The decals are printed by Eduard and have good register, sharpness and colour density, with a glossy carrier film printed close to the edges of the printed areas.

Conclusion

If you’re a wizard with an airbrush, you probably don’t need these, unless you’re a lazy wizard.  If you’re one of the rest of us, it’s a choice of get these decals and do a good job of the smoke ring scheme, or don’t.  It’s that simple, and I’m more than happy to have one tricky job taken away.

Highly recommended.

bin.jpg

Review sample courtesy of

logo.gif