Revell Eurofighter - RESKIT wheels smaller than kit wheels. - which diameter is correct?

bushande

G'day gentlemen,

the title says it all ... I just realized that the RESKIT wheels for the Revell eurofighter are of a smaller diameter than the kit's wheels.

I'm working on a 1/32 rendition but I suppose it is about the same in 1/48 and 1/72 maybe.

Wondering which size is correct. Any opinons and input would be appreciated.

Edited by bushande

5 hours ago, bushande said:

G'day gentlemen,

the title says it all ... I just realized that the RESKIT wheels for the Revell eurofighter are of a smaller diameter than the kit's wheels.

I'm working on a 1/32 rendition but I suppose it is about the same in 1/48 and 1/72 maybe.

Wondering which size is correct. Any opinons and input would be appreciated.

I've a Revell kit in the stash and was looking at the wheels. What diameter are the reskit ones and the kit ones? How big is the difference?

I'm wondering if it's based off the trumpeter kit which I think has shape issues?

D

Hello,

according to Michelin aircraft tyres, Eurofighters wheel sizes are (in inches):

Main 30.5x10.5 R17

Front 20x8.5 R6.5

Which wheels are closer to the sizes mentioned?

Regards,

Martin

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Many thanks for the replies, it is much appreciated!

@dove: Will be 31+00 i.e. tranche 2. There's a lot more to correct and add than just the GPS.

@DeepSea: Good hint. It might very well be that they are based on the horrid Trumpet pos.

@drake122: Not helping. I'm doing this model for me and not for others. The particular serial and livery I want to do is very near and dear to me and I just want this to be as accurate as possible. I couldn't care less what others might say about it.

@MVW: THANK YOU! Awesome info. I just converted the meassures and will have a check once I get back home and to the modelling desk. Will report back as soon as I have made a comparison.

Thanks a lot again chaps.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bushande said:

Had a check:

In 1/32 the MLG wheels should have a diameter of about 2.42 cm.

Revell's wheels are 2.65 cm and the ResKit wheels are 2.4 cm. hence Reskit it is!

Thanks again for the input gentlemen.

Or you just sand them a bit!

Did you check rims as well, or only outer rubber tyre diameter?