Hawker Hunter 1:48

Latest off my production line my first Academy model a Hawker Hunter F6 of 4FTS 1979. Having never made an academy kit before it was nice to find the kit went together quite well (wings to fuselage being the only real problem area) and quite a nice moulding with very little trimming needed. Downside of the kit being and if anybody has one to be aware of is the decal placements are wrong in places (fortunately I have a revell kit guide) and also that all the pics of XF526 I could find in 4FTS show her without guns or sabrinas fitted so a little filling etc required. Overall a nice kit and something a little different to add to the collection with the 4FTS colours. Incidentally if using humbrol red 19 I found it took 3 days to be tack free and a week in the airing cupboard to be dry enough not to pick up any dust or paint flakes around! 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And one of her 4FTS sisters at the museum. 

spacer.png

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

Very nice, with that colourful scheme!

Maybe it would have been worth your while to spend a li'l bit more TLC on the air intakes, where those joint cracks tend to "spoil the ship for a ha'port o' tar" 😉

Very nice work overall!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Spitfire31 said:

Very nice, with that colourful scheme!

Maybe it would have been worth your while to spend a li'l bit more TLC on the air intakes, where those joint cracks tend to "spoil the ship for a ha'port o' tar" 😉

Very nice work overall!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Thanks Joachim and all above. 
You’re right the fit around the intake is a devil. I did fill the fuse gap but neglected the wing to intake gap. I may tweak that bit later. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mikey-1980 said:

Great build!

I've built this kit myself and its a tad tricky in places but a rewarding build. It is a shame that the cockpit is not to scale, but hey ho.

Thanks mikey. I did think the seat looked a little shall we say lost but as you said hey ho. 

48 minutes ago, Lord Riot said:

Beautiful Hunter, and that paint scheme looks great. Always tough to paint red and white like this but it looks perfect here. Excellent.

Thanks. Don’t look too closely then! 
The white is one I used to use on real aircraft unfortunately on models it’s chips easily. 

• Like 1