'Codger' R I P

silver911

Chas was a very good friend of mine and I feel bad for taking so long to respond to this post but, he was not the only long term friend I lost within a week of each other. My other friend was a life long friend of 59 years and between Chas and Jerry it hit me pretty hard. 

I had received an email from Chas about a week before he passed basically telling me that he was terminal but, he thought that he still had about 6 months left. Upon receiving that email, I responded telling him all the things that, he meant to me and how much I valued our friendship over the years. It was important to me to tell him while, I had the chance, just how much our friendship meant to me. His response was very heartfelt and moving and I'm eternally grateful that I was able to convey my thoughts to him before it was too late. Sadly, it was something that I was unable to do with my boyhood friend. 

In life it's better not to wait too long to say what is important because one day it may be too late. I'm just glad that I didn't wait to tell Chas. RIP Codger, my friend!

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve only just seen this (because as Codger knew, R.R. Is not a brand that I have much interest in)

and I am truly saddened - he was so much more than just a person on an Internet forum.

I’ve just looked back through about 7 years of private messages with Chas 

and there was something very special about him, and I’m not talking about his 

modelling skills.

We did not discuss modelling issues as his superb skill levels and dedication to the craft

could not be further from my oob efforts, but when it came to 1:1 he described us as

”Brothers under the steel”, and at the time we both shared experiences of serious illness of loved ones.

Goodbye  Chas and thank you.

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

Hello all, I am late to have noticed this unfortunate passing of Codger. I am so glad our paths crossed in this forum not long ago. He was generous with help and guidance and always pushed and strived to have others think and to try to do their absolute best. Even if we were not always in complete agreement he was so generous and caring and sharing with his knowledge and builds. I am glad he took the time to seek me out on several points and tribulations I experienced in the Rolls Sedanca Black Cat build.

My attempts on the rebuild of a that prior k72 often resulted in frustration on my part. And he was always encouraging, nudging, and providing suggestions or thoughts. I’ll miss that. And if I do attempt to try and finish it I shall think fondly of him while doing it, and what he might then say. And looking at the images of that Raven Blue Cobra 428 surely brings back memories too.

Seeing the work of David Cox that Codger shared with us in his last days and weeks warms the heart. And some of the added elements in those build images (I.e. 007 and James Bond and perhaps a Walter PPK) suggest I might need to do that. I had hopes to paint that k72 Sedanca in a Goldfinger yellow/gold/canary lower belt line color. And he was quite precise to tell me to watch for paint build and how it would likely affect the doors. And those doors are already ill fitting as is often found. My eyes are damp as I write and finish these words.

Thanks to all and Ron thank you for helping carry some of those latter images from Mr. Cox that he had helped get to us. And God bless Codger and his family and friends prayers and thoughts are with you. God speed Codger and rest easy.

Best Terry

• Like 2