POTUS VH-3 colours

dalea

I was quite taken last year to see the then POTUS boarding a  Marine Sea King. So, what sort of Green was it?  FS34087, (now fs34088} or Helo Drab  or something else. (Yes, it's been polished so it should begin with a 1---) While we are  on the topic is the white White or Insignia White

13 minutes ago, dalea said:

I was quite taken last year to see the then POTUS boarding a  Marine Sea King. So, what sort of Green was it?  FS34087, (now fs34088} or Helo Drab  or something else. (Yes, it's been polished so it should begin with a 1---) While we are  on the topic is the white White or Insignia White

I'm finishing up an MV-22 of HMX-1 which supports the President.  I discovered a color called Sikorsky green from True North paints in Maine.  It is listed as 14081 and especially after putting on a gloss coat it looks really nice and like what the Presidential support choppers look like for their green.  Their address is:

https://www.truenorthpaints.com/

I have no business ties with them, just a now very satisfied customer (the problems I had before have long been worked out).  Since you apparently are in OZ, you probably wouldn't be able to order from them directly.  Damn terrorists messing things up for model builders just wanting to get paint from parts near and far!

Later,

Dave