1/72 - North American Lenticular Reentry Vehicle (L.R.V.) by AMP - released

Homebee

AMP is to release a 1/72nd North American Lenticular Reentry Vehicle (L.R.V.) kit - ref. 72020

Source: https://www.facebook.com/mikro.mir.dnepr/posts/4516192195125148

3D renders

240478268-4516187428458958-2815130058281

240487102-4516187465125621-6692249145299

240505507-4516187475125620-6251936098339

While there's so many interesting and historical aircrafts in need of kits... Sigh.

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 10

Maybe not completely saturated, but close. I have to believe that the 109, or Spitfire, or Mustang pie is finite in size, and with every new release, the pie slices become smaller, to the point where it's no longer financially sensible to launch another one. Also, anyone who buys the latest superkit from Brand X after reading glowing reviews of its perfection may just decide that the next new superkit from Brand Y can't be that much better, and give it a pass.

John

• Like 1

We have no injected of the North American AJ Savage (no, I don’t count the Mach 2 “kit”) but we have this?  Used as a bomber, recon ship and tanker.

A Historically important USN machine that was used operationally is ignored,  but we at least we have this paper vehicle?

• Like 3

Well...

The LRV was to be just over 12 metres in diameter. In 1/72 scale this gives a 170 mm diameter kit. Few parts, fairly simple and quick design, cheap mould, cheap unit cost to produce the model.

AJ Savage has about 267 mm length, about 320 mm wingspan with tip tanks, so it will be a much bigger, more expensive and longer lasting project. With 140 aircraft produced and only one user, on top of using the aircraft in the not-so-popular 1950s... Well, it is a big investment, the market is small, and the risk is big.

Will LRV be a market success? Hard to say, but the whole production should sell, if only because the kit won't be big, and is something very unusual in shape.

• Like 2

On 07/09/2021 at 11:49, Ad-4N said:

We have no injected of the North American AJ Savage (no, I don’t count the Mach 2 “kit”) but we have this?  Used as a bomber, recon ship and tanker.

A Historically important USN machine that was used operationally is ignored,  but we at least we have this paper vehicle?

Special hobby /mpm announced one around 15 to 20 years ago......

12 minutes ago, Neil Lambess said:

Special hobby /mpm announced one around 15 to 20 years ago......

You are correct.  But I am afraid I will be crowned Lord Emperor of Xalus VI before SH releases a 1/72 Savage.  

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, Beermonster1958 said:

Then Sir, you shall have to fight me to the death for my crown!

John (Lord Emperor of Xalus IV and, Lord Protector of the Tharg Hegemony)😉

I humbly withdraw my challenge.  And with that, I am certain the SH Savage will be released in all its glory this December 12.   Oh wait, you're Lord Emperor of Xalus IV?  I want to be Lord Emperor of Xalus VI.  

• Haha 3

Oh wait, you're Lord Emperor of Xalus IV?  I want to be Lord Emperor of Xalus VI.  

Are you sure you don't mean Lord Emperor of Valus XI, Lord Protector of the Large Hedgehog or am I batting at the wrong end of the pitch?

Interesting concept, barking mad so just my cup of tea...

Lenticular Reentry Vehicle

• Haha 2

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - North American Lenticular Reentry Vehicle (L.R.V.) by AMP - 3D renders+box art
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - North American Lenticular Reentry Vehicle (L.R.V.) by AMP - 3D renders+box art+sprues - release soon

Release soon - ref. 72020 - North American L.R.V. - American experimental nuclear warhead delivery system

Sources: 

https://www.hobby.dn.ua/uk/amp-amp-72020-kosmchnii-bombarduvalinik-north-american-lrv-p-110112.html

https://modelsua.com/north-american-l-r-v-us-experimental-nuclear-warhead-delivery-system-1-72-amp-72020

72020.jpg

72020-2.jpg

72020-1.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - North American Lenticular Reentry Vehicle (L.R.V.) by AMP - released
  • 4 weeks later...

I just ordered one! There’s something fascinating about these ‘Cold War doomsday concepts’. Where’s Slim Pickens when you need him?

I also ordered one of these, a nuclear-powered supersonic cruise missile bomber concept:

53225560654_7f0669347b_c.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...