Help identifying GPU

DeepSea

@DeepSeaFollowed your link and blew up the image in photoshop and found the manufacturer I believe js EINSA. However when I put that in a search engine it comes up with a like unit but motorized. Found some additional images from the RAF #6 Squadron in Lossiemouth from a different angle but did not see a model number. the only number i saw was GBC 183004. Doesn't help much but a great number of photos from different angles.

Sorry if it doesn't help

All The Best

Ron VanDerwarker

12 hours ago, f111guru said:

@DeepSeaFollowed your link and blew up the image in photoshop and found the manufacturer I believe js EINSA. However when I put that in a search engine it comes up with a like unit but motorized. Found some additional images from the RAF #6 Squadron in Lossiemouth from a different angle but did not see a model number. the only number i saw was GBC 183004. Doesn't help much but a great number of photos from different angles.

Sorry if it doesn't help

All The Best

Ron VanDerwarker

Many thanks Ron - that's at least something for me to start looking at 👍

Where did you find the images from 6 Squadron?

Appreciate the help!

My apologies for not getting back to you as quick as I would like. I don't have the link, but could find it and I'll post. It was a facebook page. I do not recall if it was a direct link to 6 squadron or an individual from 6 squadron. But I will post the link when I find it. I'm on a different computer and nothing comes up on the ancient computer I was using before. That computer has all my images and saved bookmarks.

All The Best

Ron VanDerwarker

On 9/6/2021 at 7:50 PM, DeepSea said:

Wondering if anyone can tell me what the GPUs are in this photo? 

Had a look through some photos of the 6 Squadron line-up taken during a visit arranged to RAF Leuchars in April 2013 but any numbers etc. on the clearly identified EINSA units seem to be individual serials however did come across a PDF with Airfield information for RAF Mount Pleasant which lists the EINSA AGERD 1015 as a Typhoon GPU but can find nothing else about it  using the designation as a search reference.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, BillF67 said:

Possibly an EINSA 140KvA?

Thanks Bill

It seems to definitely be einsa but I can't find a brochure or any shots of it on their site. 

Worst case I'll try and extrapolate dimensions etc from photos!

Cheers

David

Perhaps the following might add to what you have already found.

Did not realise until you raised the topic that EINSA Units were peculiar to the Typhoon but checking back on my own images from visits to Leuchars/Lossiemouth/Kinloss during different exercises I see that they were in use from at least 2004 supplemented by older but similarly sized HOUCHIN units.

The following were taken during a visit to a CQWIC at RAF Kinloss in July 2010.     The first image shows two EINSA units each with opposite ends showing forward , the second has the square end forward and the last two the angled end forward.

p?i=db1e979bca5d6daba10d0f5d2186e412

p?i=16cf5c37befa5d62c5f71cd15d9a739b

p?i=ee0a3ebe645ea00adddd1b26a3676fc6

p?i=a5885536281623b50d883ebb70b6438a

• Thanks 1