Leyland Marathon daycab

OK so I'd been wracking my brains for ages as to what to do with a Leyland Marathon transkit. With it being the large sleeper cab there were next to none on image search that I fancied doing apart from the Iran Overland one, and someone's done that. So it stayed on the shelf until I finally decided the razor saw would have to come out. So it did.....

As luck would have it I have drawings for both sleeper and daycab so I knew exactly how much to shorten the Volvo chassis...29mm! This meant I had to alter some of the transkit parts too. I turned 10mm off the diesel tank on the lathe and about 5mm off the exhaust.

Its a KFS transkit grafted onto an Italeri Volvo chassis

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Ryedale Wolf
  • Like 31

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 17/12/2021 at 08:25, Jon Kunac-Tabinor said:

I didn't realise you were on here too!

I should add that Chris' 'tastic marathon will be appearing in the Jan/Feb Issue (issue 7) of New Model Truck World soon.

Cheers

Jonners

Yeah I'm on here mate but I don't post much. More for the odd armour stuff I do.

• 3 weeks later...

Ah yes that's more like it, ,my local BRS depot truck

20 years behind the Swedes but a real workhorse

Lovely model of it. very realistic

What used to make me laugh was the drivers that learned on Scanias and Volvos had no idea how to drive these sort of trucks with the Spicer and Fuller gearboxs

We have a ERF that the gearbox was almost glowing when one of Volvo trained drivers took it out

It was on demo so we didn't dare take it out again

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, kapam said:

Wow!  That's a lovely build!  :clap2::clap2:

So what media do KFS (which I think means Kit Form Services, but correct me if I'm wrong) use for their trans-kits?

Resin.

Yes. Kit Form Services. He's just retired, but someones bought him out. We don't know who yet.