Canadair CL-415

This one was a little more difficult than I anticipated, and has effectively been on the bench since June.  The kit itself is OK, but that large expanse of yellow and matching the red paint to the red decals has taken a lot longer than I would have wished.  The current "famine" of Humbrol enamels didnt help either.  

However, it's finished now and I'm pleased with the result.  This is the Heller issue of this kit, insipire dby a visit I made to Marseille airport 4 years ago, where the entire French CL-415 fleet was sitting on the apron!

wp7735e85f_05_06.jpg

wp81ef39e8_05_06.jpg

wp1fd33249_05_06.jpg

wpdcd9f8bb_05_06.jpg

wp33e45d5d_05_06.jpg

FredT :)

Edited by gengriz
Spelling !
  • Like 32

1 minute ago, djos said:

BEAUTIFUL work.

It is always complicated to get correct coverage of yellow color especially on big models and you managed that perfectly.

Great looking model

regards Djordje

Perfectly said and I definitely agree!

Well done.

The Canadair's are one of my favourites. 

I used to see these types every day during fire season when I worked at the Timmins and Kapuskasing airports in Northern Ontario ( Canada ) as they headed out in the early morning and came back home late evening after a hard day's work fighting fires.  The turbo prop versions are nice but I think I prefer the original CL-215 piston engine versions or at the least that wonderful sound of twin radial engines. They were in the colours of the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources of yellow and black but I think I like the yellow and red of your rendition.

cheers, Graham