Protecting Neutrality GB

2996 Victor

• 2996 Victor changed the title to Protecting Neutrality GB *Now at 26!!!* 4 more and we're off to the Bunfight!!! Roll up! Roll up!
On 7/31/2022 at 8:29 AM, Black Knight said:

Not sure about Spain

Putting it in another way: Spain was a non-belligerent in WWII until 1942 when Franco did declare Spain to be neutral.  Which put plans like Op Pilgrim finally to rest.

• Like 1

On 31/07/2022 at 06:54, ModelingEdmontonian said:

I think I have two or three BF109 Gustavs I could enter into this GB 🤔 I would think any of postwar Finland, Spain, and Switzerland were all neutral and could qualify?

On 31/07/2022 at 11:15, Wings unlevel said:

I’m keen! It’d be a Swedish Draken for me. Or a Viggen… or a Gripen…

Hi chaps!

Many thanks for your interest and welcome along - those all sound like excellent possibilities!

Kind regards,

Mark

• Like 1

• 2996 Victor changed the title to Protecting Neutrality GB *Now at 28!!!* Now only 2 more and we're off to the Bunfight!!! Roll up! Roll up!
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2996 Victor changed the title to Protecting Neutrality GB

haha here goes the neighbourhood....someone pointed me in the general direction of this GB!! :D

I had somehow missed this one and at first it was only up to WWII.....further post reading corrected that, so sign me up too, it'll be Swedish for sure.

I'll probably show up with a rather large Viggen, or possibly a Draken if a certain company pulls out it's finger!! But me being me something might pop up on evilBay that I just have to have for a GB like this!  :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 30/08/2022 at 19:46, Marklo said:

Yay good to see we’re headed to the bunfight, there’s a slew of Air Corp builds depending on this :) 

Should be great to see these built! Fingers crossed!

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 1

8 hours ago, trickyrich said:

haha here goes the neighbourhood....someone pointed me in the general direction of this GB!! :D

I had somehow missed this one and at first it was only up to WWII.....further post reading corrected that, so sign me up too, it'll be Swedish for sure.

I'll probably show up with a rather large Viggen, or possibly a Draken if a certain company pulls out it's finger!! But me being me something might pop up on evilBay that I just have to have for a GB like this!  :D

Great stuff, Rich, glad to have you on board! I've no doubt that you'll manage a raft of great builds!

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I found this, which seems to be a good guide to which countries are currently neutral:

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/neutral-countries

It seems to have opened up a few options that hadn't occurred to me - such as postwar Japan, whose neutrality is enshrined in its constitution - and of course the two countries that are always at the top of every modellers list, Liechtenstein and the Vatican City.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well, friends, as the finish line draws ever closer and PN is currently second from bottom of the poll, I think that perhaps now's the time to suggest that you redistribute your wealth and support to other more deserving candidates! Unless of course, there's a late flurry..... :D 

Thank you everyone for expressing your interest and support!

Cheers,

Mark

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, Roland Pulfrew said:

Take a message Baldrick - message simply reads "Bugger!".

Tis a bit of a bugger but hey ho - if anyone can think of a means of broadening it's appeal (or scuppering the opposition!), more than happy to give it another go! :)

Cheers,

Mark 

• Like 1