Protecting Neutrality GB

2996 Victor

55 minutes ago, Steben said:

29873121_1897116063695999_81877735956970
this is how I want it: in khaki upper camo.
Such a nice machine in the "what if we had this against the Germans?"

Or full khaki down to hull line like a spitfire 

261057542_4650730394990528_7295502372832

Edited by Steben
  • Like 1

Hi @Steben, @Rafwaffe, @Paul Bradley, @Evil_Toast_RSA,

welcome along, folks, glad to have you on board with this GB! Apologies for not having added your tags sooner, but I've been having a few issues with my internet connection.

Steben: I do like the Renard R.36, and I think the khaki extended down the fuselage sides looks better. Hope we get through the Bunfight, as I'm looking forward to this one!

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, alt-92 said:

If at first you don't succeed...

rebrand your GB and go at it again :P  In.   There must be at least one GB I can do some LVA in :D

Excellent! Welcome along! :)

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 1

Hi Mark.  This GB sounds really interesting, but I'm struggling to understand what defines a nation as being 'neutral' and whether this neutrality relates solely to a specific time period or conflict?    I'm sure there must be a legal definition somewhere!  Can you help me out please :winkgrin:?

Cheers

My understanding of a country's neutrality is their position during one specific conflict

eg, the Swiss, always believed constantly Neutral, and were in WW1 and WW2 but they fought wars right up to the early part of the 19th Century, same for Sweden, they fought in wars right into the late 18th Century

Thus if you want to depict a Swedish musketeer of 1760, Sweden was not 'neutral' then but involved in a 'Seven Years War' but do a SAAB J21 of WW2 era, Sweden was 'neutral' then

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Black Knight said:

Thus if you want to depict a Swedish musketeer of 1760, Sweden was not 'neutral' then but involved in a 'Seven Years War' but do a SAAB J21 of WW2 era, Sweden was 'neutral' then

Thanks BK :thumbsup2:

According to Wikipedia, Sweden had a formal policy of being neutral in all international conflicts from the early 19th century up until 2009 (when it signed military co-operation agreements with some other nations), so on this basis presumably any subject during this time period should qualify for the GB?

On reflection, I think the answer to my question on eligibilty is that there needs have been an official declaration of a nation's neutrality, in force at the time of the build subject.  

This is just my thought though,  @2996 Victor may have a different view.

Cheers

As he mentions "United States pre-Dec 7th 1941" in the first post, I'd say any subject from a time period where the nation depicted was not formally in a state of war should be fine 🙂

James

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 31/12/2021 at 17:18, Doccur said:

Sign me up please! Got an AM 1/48 F3F that would fit in nicely. 

Ash

On 31/12/2021 at 17:55, Roland Pulfrew said:

I’m happy to sign up. I might finally get round to a splinter Draken or Viggen from the Cold War neutral period.

On 31/12/2021 at 18:18, Paul J said:

I like the idea snd surprised it hadn't been suggested before. I m in.

Hello chaps and welcome aboard! Apologies for not having updated the list sooner.

Cheers,

Mark

• 2996 Victor changed the title to Protecting Neutrality GB *Now at 21*
  • 1 month later...
On 21/03/2022 at 10:31, Sam said:

Hello Mark!

I‘d like to join as well. In 1/48 scale. 

Either Swiss: Bf109-G6 or F-35A 😎

Or Swedish: Saab AJ-37 Viggen

Thank you!

Hi Sam,

apologies for not having replied sooner - those three possibilities all sound great. Welcome aboard!

Cheers,

Mark

• 2996 Victor changed the title to Protecting Neutrality GB *Now at 23!!!*
  • 3 months later...
5 hours ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

Just found this thread, I've just acquired these - count me in.

Heller_Lansen.jpg

But I'll probably be looking for an earlier excuse to splinter this one.

Heller-Viggen.jpg

Welcome aboard - those are two excellent subjects, if I may say so! I've always loved the Lansen in particular!

Cheers,

Mark 

• Like 1

• 2996 Victor changed the title to Protecting Neutrality GB *Now at 24!!!* Just one more needed to be in the Bunfight!!!

I love Flygvapnet subjects 😁

I have a number of kits waiting in the wings for a group build like this 😜

I have been pawing and generally checking out a kit in my stash: Italeri's Caproni Ca.313 flown as a light bomber as B16 and as a recce asset as S16

It is a nice little kit - considering it was first produced in 1972.

Yes it's 50 years old 😮

I have a beautiful etched set from RCR and Falcon's replacement transparencies to ensure that the etched metal detailing is visible 😜

my only problem is group build track record - nil finished projects 😝

Cheers, Moggy (cunctator in chief)

• Like 1

On 21/07/2022 at 16:05, Moggy said:

I love Flygvapnet subjects 😁

I have a number of kits waiting in the wings for a group build like this 😜

I have been pawing and generally checking out a kit in my stash: Italeri's Caproni Ca.313 flown as a light bomber as B16 and as a recce asset as S16

It is a nice little kit - considering it was first produced in 1972.

Yes it's 50 years old 😮

I have a beautiful etched set from RCR and Falcon's replacement transparencies to ensure that the etched metal detailing is visible 😜

my only problem is group build track record - nil finished projects 😝

Cheers, Moggy (cunctator in chief)

Hi Moggy,

sounds like you've got a good stash of suitable subjects there, any one of them would be great :) Welcome aboard!

Oh, and my track record isn't great for finishing GBs either, so don't worry :) 

All the best,

Mark

• Thanks 1

• 2996 Victor changed the title to Protecting Neutrality GB *Now at 25!!!* Bunfight!!!