1/24 scale snow skis

Peter Roberts

It would be easy to make your own from plastic card. To make the curves, heat the plastic and bend it over a former (any item of the right shape); or score a succession of grooves with a fine razor saw, cement into a curve, and smooth with putty. HTH.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ade H said:

It would be easy to make your own from plastic card. To make the curves, heat the plastic and bend it over a former (any item of the right shape); or score a succession of grooves with a fine razor saw, cement into a curve, and smooth with putty. HTH.

Thanks. Yes, have considered that one but baulked a bit at the thought of the boot attachments. May have to go that path by the look of it tho. :( 

1 minute ago, Ade H said:

I'm no skier, so I looked at some pictures and found all kinds of shapes, including simple old-fashioned straps. They could be represented with metal strips.

Yep, did the same, looks like some springs too on the older style. Looking to put some on a Bond Lotus so they will be period ski’s. Will have to scratch up the ski mounts too. 

• Like 1

This month’s Classic and Sports Car magazine has a set of features on Bond cars, including one about a guy who has replicated both the white Esprit and the brown one with skis in 1:1 scale. It has some info and decent photos of the set up in the film and on the replica. It’s not as simple as it might seem…

best,

M.

• Thanks 1

Brilliant! Thanks for the heads up M. I’ll see if I can get a copy. Yes, from what I can see those mounts a bit unusual! :(

Thank you Chimp’, I did see some kits had skis but didn’t see any currently available. I’ll check that out.

Thank you all for the ideas, guidance and help

Edited by Peter Roberts
  • Like 1