Revell Spitfire, 1/32

This has been a very enjoyable kit to have completed. I have never done anything on this scale before. If anything I have preferred this scale of modelling. Detail is pretty standard for a Revell kit. 

The Model has been built with the landing gear down, the flaps up and the cockpit door and upper screen open.

I am really happy how the cockpit turned out. There was plenty of detail. Some dry brushing with some Revell 99 over most of the metal including over the decal to make it pop and add some depth. A small mix of Vallejo washes and Humbrol rust weathering powder were also added for a further weathered effect.

The main paint  camo scheme on the exterior of the model included Revell aqua-colours 82 and 68.

Decals were again on the thick side but with some help they adhered to the surface of the model fairly well. 

I used a few reference images for this.

Please feel free to critique my build so that I can improve on all of my other kits. Also feel free to ask questions.

link to my Flickr page with images- 

Spitfire 1/32

• Like 7

Very respectable and ambitious Spitfire! The cockpit looks very authentic, too.

One point – the top engine cowling and the fuel tank behind it, just in front of the windscreen, would have benefitted from a spot of filler and a subsequent rubbing down with the ol' 600 wet'n'dry to eliminate the rather unsightly joints.

Very good work overall!

Kind regards,

Joachim