Knocked out in Argentan- WiP

GRK

7 hours ago, Muchmirth said:

What have you used for ruble piles? Looks well. 

so I just placed some foam off cuts down to add a bit of volume and then laid over rolled out das clay with copious  amounts of pva to make sure it sticks whilst drying, then more pva with crushed plaster on top. 

This is just the base layer, my plan is to add more detailed rubble later

• 2 weeks later...

So a bit more progress to report on, well quite a lot actually.

So the rubble and the ruin was painted up using the same technique as the main building and the pole fixed in place with ez line added. Apologies the picture quality isn't up to much but you get the idea!

rubble 4

I added a window frame to the ruin made from another coffee stirrer which was set alight. I've added smashed glass but its not in this picture. I also scattered aftermarket ruined sections of wall around which will add more depth to the rubble once the final layer is on.

window

And this is where I'm at currently. I made the final layer of loose rubble by adding aftermarket bricks, ground up cork, small stones with more broken up coffee stirrers and put it all in a pot with various washes and pigments and gave it a good mix. I then piled it on and then added some cut up clear plastic to act as smashed glass and fixed at all in place with diluted pva. I then added more pigment and some ash from the fireplace which was fixed with a few drops of thinners. I also printed out some very small newspaper images and glued them around the scene. Just a few more coats of black around the edge and the main scene should be done with just a few figures left to paint.

side

front

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Geo1966 said:

Fantastic work GRK, looks really good! Looking forward to seeing how you do the figures.

George

Thanks George, pretty pleased with how the rubble turned out. 

These are the figures I'm going to be doing, look really nice detail wise for 1/48 so I'm hoping the painting maybe slightly easier than the standard tamiya that i've done before. 

figures