Modelsvit 1/48 Mirage IVA/P new tool

Stephen

Thanks for the heads up Stephen, this should be a great kit, here are most of the images from Facebook for those that are too lazy, or are too scared of Facebook 😉
Dear all,
Glad to announce that the designing of our Mirage IV A,P in 1/48 has been accomplished. Hope you like it.

Your comments are wellcome as usual!

==========================
Дорогие друзья! 
Рады сообщить Вам о завершающей стадии проектирования 3D модели нашей новинки Mirage IV A и P версии в 1/48 масштабе! Мы постарались наиболее точно передать геометрию и детализацию данного самолета! Приятного просмотра! Комментарии приветствуются! ;)
С ув. команда Modelsvit.

E24E6393-E9A7-429D-B865-8C90752CF6F5 1EBF1353-3864-48AB-9F90-7A54FEC1A39C 7D9A38D0-7A63-41FE-9266-819C61650FD5 26CF2DFE-9CC6-46A5-8447-C8A4FF2A9B2B 266F3AA0-9D44-4568-80C6-6922F99598F1 20559B85-AD56-427E-9442-2CBFB4B89C7F 52293AE5-F56A-4573-BD5A-CBBB3BE92A75

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

Nice, very nice, and just as I found by 'up north' scribing template for the Heller 1/48 model!

And for all the references dont forget there is a full size one in the Yorkshire Air Museum at Elvington, Mirage III too.

Hope the wait is not too long.

• Like 1

Great news, even if I’d only recently bought the Heller kit plus decals and scribing set and exhausts and probe. At least I hadn’t bought the NeoMega cockpit yet.

Oh, that's pretty cool. Was hoping for a new tool Mirage IV in 1/48.

Is this Modelsvit's first model kit of a jet in 1/48? Hopefully they could do some of the Soviet/Russian stuff in 1/48 that is still not tackled (Kitty Hawk promised quite a few but burned out before they've gotten to it).

Sorry, have to mention that a kit of a Yak-41 in 1/48 would be great :)

Edited by Dudikoff
  • Like 1

The Mirage IVA is a beautiful airplane and I suspect this kit will sell very well. I'm surprised they don't appear to include the ASMP cruise missile in the kit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Filler said:

Great news, even if I’d only recently bought the Heller kit plus decals and scribing set and exhausts and probe. At least I hadn’t bought the NeoMega cockpit yet.

I have it all, apart from the scribing set. Plus the Neomega cockpit. And the ResKit wheels. :) But thanks anyway, Modelsvit! 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, drake122 said:

Bloody shame this is not in the gentlemen scale...

if you mean 1/72, they have already released one.

https://www.modelsvit-eshop.com/c/aviation-1/mirage-iva-strategic-bomber-86

correction: technically the kit is from A&A, but I think that brand is related to Modelsvit.

Edited by Corey in Colorado
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Corey in Colorado said:

Isn’t the Heller kit actually 1/50th scale (despite being labeled 1/48?)

According to Scalemates it was released as a 1/48 kit when it was released for the first time in 1979. However, according to them there is also a 1/50 Mirage IV that was released back in 1963. But I think this is two different kits, the one that I have looks more like a 70s model than one from the early 60s.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dudikoff said:

Oh, that's pretty cool. Was hoping for a new tool Mirage IV in 1/48.

Is this Modelsvit's first model kit of a jet in 1/48? Hopefully they could do some of the Soviet/Russian stuff in 1/48 that is still not tackled (Kitty Hawk promised quite a few but burned out before they've gotten to it).

Sorry, have to mention that a kit of a Yak-41 in 1/48 would be great :)

I'll go for a Yak-41 Freestyle 1/48th scale!  Short run would be better than nothing.

Great to see this in the ‘big boys’ scale, wonderful news, well done MV. I also have the 1/48th Heller kit but never got around to acquiring any aftermarket for it....just as well. 

True Bjorn, Heller first released a 1/50th IV (marketed as IV-01) back in 1964, well before releasing the 1/48th version in 1979.

B.sin, yes they’re still to be considered as short run kits but the quality has improved greatly over the last few years. I’ve built several now and not found any major problems that can’t be sorted out with patience and some modest modelling skills. Well worth investing in.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Corey in Colorado said:

if you mean 1/72, they have already released one.

https://www.modelsvit-eshop.com/c/aviation-1/mirage-iva-strategic-bomber-86

correction: technically the kit is from A&A, but I think that brand is related to Modelsvit.

The A&A kit is a re-worked Heller with engraved lines and the Parts for the IV P included. However no ASMP ans the fit is supposed to be challenging. 

Though Modelsvits 1/72nd Mirage 2000 C earned a lot of praise, lately so I hope they issue a 2000N soon  (with the ASMP and the RPL-541/542 Tanks just like the Heller Kit). 

9 hours ago, B.sin said:

How are the Modelsvit kit?

I see they have nice details, but

how is the fit? Are they still considered short run kit's?

They are considered the high end of short run kits. Really looking foward to this kit!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, B.sin said:

How are the Modelsvit kit?

I see they have nice details, but

how is the fit? Are they still considered short run kit's?

The latest I got are their 1/48 P-51H Mustang and XP-54 Ascender : both are exquisite in terms of recessed details, overall detailing and moulding quality. Consider them still short run but modern and high quality short run.

The leap in overall quality and ease of assembly vs their 1/72 Be-12 is immense.

Edited by Silver Seraph
  • Like 1

The level of detail Modelsvit is incorporating into their kits is simply amazing, perhaps the best on the planet right now. Just my opinion, but the kits I have are on another level of quality. I think Eduard and Modelsvit are the leaders of the pack right now.

• Like 1