1/48 SAAB Safir

zebra

I'm going to join in with the Tarangus 1/48 SAAB Safir. I might not start for a week or two as there are a few builds in other GBs to get over the line first, but I'm pretty keen to crack on with it. 

Here's the kit and the aftermarket stuff I'm going to use:

Tarangus SAAB Safir

Not sure which decal option I'm going to opt for yet, but I think it's either going to be the Swedish camouflaged one with the dayglo panels (I love a bit of dayglo, particularly when it comes in decal form and I don't have to paint it!) or the Aero Club Air France option, which looks nice but is going to need some very careful and precise masking. I'll need to decide which version early on, but both those options are the 91B version so I can make the final decision later on.

cheers

Julian

• Like 6

Cool aircraft. :) I have yet to buy that kit.. Interesting to see what you think of it.

Have you seen this? The same bridge one of the US ferry pilots flew under with his P-51D in 1945.. ;) it is in central Stockholm so kinda cool stunt. One of my lietenants in service had a nauseating (his words) flight with a crazy BO 105 (Hkp 9 here) pilot there too.. but I guess (?) it is "easier" with a heli..

• Like 1

welcome along Julian with a great little subject! I my poor memory serves me right we had a couple of these in the last build.

Plus some AM!!! :thumbsup:

My pick would be the camo with dayglo panels.

But good luck with her.

• 2 weeks later...