VF-84 Phantom build

Covjets13

10 hours ago, 2lefthands said:

Excellent work!

The only thing that distracts me are the ejection seat handles, but the whole build is beautiful!

I know, I was trying something new, and I didn’t twist the lead wire enough, and coupled with making loops, it unwinds. If I take them off it will damage the seats so lesson learned, the next one will be better.

Thank you all for your comments I am truly humbled. 

Cheers Si 

• Like 3

It's always good to try something new. What we need is an AF that is variable diameters of wire already with the black/yellow hashes on it. Just snip and loop. But try it again, tighter as you said and maybe with a touch of CA to lock the wires together.

2 hours ago, Thom216 said:

It's always good to try something new. What we need is an AF that is variable diameters of wire already with the black/yellow hashes on it. Just snip and loop. But try it again, tighter as you said and maybe with a touch of CA to lock the wires together.

Black and yellow thread ? Soak it in C/A to harden it after twisting it and circling it around to get the shape ? 

• Like 2

Morning all,

Well on the eve of the Nationals, I’ve finally finished her. It’s been a ‘muller’ build, with both ups and downs, successes and failures. I’ve learnt some some lessons that I can apply to next build. It’s also been very difficult with the concentration levels while building her post Covid. I would also like to thank all those who contributed with comments, those that just followed on with the build, but most of all the way you all received this build with such positive comments.

M5Gr1Lp.jpg

Canopies done, also a little more wear😉

NEutH5g.jpg

Another view, I do love the HGW RBF flags, really look much better the photo etch (IMHO)

xfsJZh3.jpg
So here she is, sitting on the base, which is going to need some work. I think I’m going have a crack at some figures too. Should I carry this on on the Diorama section? 

So I’ll post some finished photos when I get back from Telford, having spent too much and drunk too much. 🥴

Thanks all for stopping by, cheers Si

• Like 9

Great result! 

2 hours ago, Covjets13 said:

So here she is, sitting on the base, which is going to need some work. I think I’m going have a crack at some figures too. Should I carry this on on the Diorama section? 

So I’ll post some finished photos when I get back from Telford, having spent too much and drunk too much. 🥴

The base does look a little clean, some figures and diorama extras will really set it off. Enjoy the show!

7 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

An excellent result Simon, well worth all the time and effort that you have put into her.

I really like the paint touch ups, a very neat addition.

Very well done mate.

Couldnt have said it better myself, that is just superb.  I like the paint touch ups too.

9 hours ago, Covjets13 said:

I would also like to thank all those who contributed with comments, those that just followed on with the build, but most of all the way you all received this build with such positive comments.

No, actually thank you!  This was inspiring for me and some great ideas and techniques for my brit Toom...

Love how you have the RAT out and the fuel and (comms?) panels open. Its a winner in my eyes.

Cheers Anthony

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dansk said:

get a gratis beer from craig at telford if you voted for leotards and century fighters 👍

Don't worry Paul, Simon and I will be spending a lot of time together at Telford as we're in the same club, and I dare say we shall have drink or two.

3 minutes ago, Dansk said:

wish i was going 😞

So do I mate, would be great to meet up in person.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Evening all, here’s some more photos…really please with how it’s turned out, and I’ve learned a lot too. Thanks again for all you encouragement and kind words…

a6dI3iL.jpg

Xv3yBfE.jpg

X9sEB9C.jpg

GLOqao0.jpg

I2ew92A.jpg

4EN80nj.jpg

0j2tF2q.jpg

RUZGtcm.jpg

qLzQaAL.jpg

cX80DUj.jpg

e6dJ8ZP.jpg

fwMR5uH.jpg

Thanks for stopping by, Cheers Si

• Like 6

• 5 months later...

Hi Simon @Covjets13,  I hope you are fully corona recovered now.

I'm inspired to build a 32 tamiya phantom now and wonddered if I can I ask you about your folded wings conversion? - was it it easy to do for the average jo? what was involved?