Finnish Fouga

reini

20210904_170626.jpg

High pitched wail of Fouga's 'hairdryers' is quite familiar to me - restored Fouga Magister used to fly in the skies of Pori quite often.

20210904_170707.jpg

Contents of the box, with some aftermarket wheels.

20210904_170730.jpg

20210904_170902.jpg

20210904_170950.jpg

It's a fine looking kit, this Special Hobby Fouga.

20210904_171634.jpg

I will be doing my hometown planes for this GB. So this will be Fouga Magister, FM-5 (in the front of the pic) in the mid 1960's. So it will be all silver with no orange markings.

Photo was taken after the parking area got new tarmac in mid 1960's. It was not too uncommon in th e 1950's and 1960's that the parking areas or taxiways were gravel and in many times the planes were pulled to the runways. 

• Like 12

My ears ping just remembering the whine. In Turku Air Show two years ago one taxiied less than 20 meters away from me. I had to remove my ear plugs, to get that unmuffled whine to my skullbone or whatever it is. Not a bad looking aircraft in flight either!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, JeroenS said:

Ooh I like those tanker trucks 🙂 

...which are not btw of Soviet design or production, but Finnish Vanaja- or Sisu- make. Sisu manufacturer bought or merged Vanaja manufacturer sometimes back then, and some of the Vanajas remained in production as Sisu models after that, if I recall correctly. Today they still produce trucks, sisuauto.com. The best timber or gravel hauling trucks, anywhere in the world!

• Like 3

...and another great choice as well..... I see you're trying to even up for that "Limited-Run" beast!

I do like these wee beasties, I built the Airfix one many years ago, I really should build a 1/48th one in IDF scheme one day, she would look nice.

Well good luck with this one, think you may have some followers with this build. Plus I'm sure you'll Finnish her in time!!  :rofl2:  I had to get that in at some stage! :D

On 9/5/2021 at 10:46 PM, JeroenS said:

Ooh I like those tanker trucks 🙂 

..... you are a sad man!!! :D

• Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...

One more of my fav planes in this GB. Dates back to when I was a kid/young teen and our Belgian "Red Devils" aerobatic team performed on it.

I didn't know that Finland used Fougas.

For this one, if there is no seat free, I'll ask someone if I can hire a place on his knees.

Have a lot of fun, Reini.

Pat

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, trickyrich said:

:bleh:

there will be painting this weekend

Of what though, your house? Any other model than the Mythical Draken? The town red?

• Haha 4

I did some painting atleast :D

Slowly but surely this modelling bench is starting up again after the summer. Boy I had a lousy modelling summer - I have like one trillion unfinished builds. 😅 

fouga_03.jpg

Intakes and exhausts received first layers of paint.

fouga_04.jpg

As did the cokpit, including some decals. I still need to do some details and minor weathering and I can close the canopy. Probably some Tamiya tape belts too.

Well, that was not much - but it's a start! :D 

• Like 7

the cockpit looks great.

On 10/5/2021 at 7:13 PM, reini said:

Slowly but surely this modelling bench is starting up again after the summer. Boy I had a lousy modelling summer - I have like one trillion unfinished builds. 😅 

Gosh the annual KUTA is going to be a very busy place this year!!! :D

• Haha 2

• 5 weeks later...