Free French Hawker Hurricane Mk IIb from "Hawker Hurricanes around the world"

This was my first GB entry ever, a Hawker Hurricane Mk IIb built for the Fancy French GB. It's also part of my Hawker Hurricanes around the world project--the first instalment of the second phase, which is to represent Hurricanes in non-UK, Allied markings. I used the Fly Mk IIb kit, which was expensive and has its issues (mostly related to the camo call-outs, decals, etc. (@Troy Smith has much to say in this regard!), but in the end I was quite happy with it and how it came together. I did borrow a spinner from an Arma kit and replaced some of the decals with Print Scale. I kept the WIP separate from the larger project, so it is here:

This is the plane I was modeling:

y4mfbw13k1oqmOXfZzBWG419AcC_EM_oc12VAWyg

And here is my version in b&w:

y4mtbkdfISfhtMEAa8GAAdAgNMSRQrQv8LCJoisJ

And, now, in colour!

y4miloTv7gaCgbagNf02_LJ74AzJMHJYlBvPNO6X

y4mx6TMkVrurX2f09tjcqwzni5HZyZgmdUR1JHxI

y4mAHXstFziKBp9tfQQMjCI-bxYblI5PXKbsSnHZ

y4moqnqWxxj25ZNYas83WSmFltFM_EWLx4MV5NO5

y4mbR1fQBAdqmaQohO7ReedQxKnM88JwsAhPPNse

y4mO-HzzC6Kzy2v1NKdJij10FEY_5eR0d2gtIlWn

y4mjfjn2Cjctb3ljk6AzaBMd7oXYHGJfpF1kzJkoy4mEMxc50IyATtOtF3guwySwarvSTzcGfgjdz4iF

• Like 26

2 hours ago, noelh said:

Well that's definitely an attractive Hurricane. The French colours really suit the Hurricane. 

I really like it. 

Thanks, @noelh! I agree! But then again, I think she looks good in all the markings... 

• 1 month later...

This looks fantastic!  The desert colors... the French markings... the craftsmanship...  all terrific.  I like the subtle weathering too; makes it look realistic without getting in your face.  Nice work -- can't wait to see some of the others completed!

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, opus999 said:

This looks fantastic!  The desert colors... the French markings... the craftsmanship...  all terrific.  I like the subtle weathering too; makes it look realistic without getting in your face.  Nice work -- can't wait to see some of the others completed!

much too kind, thanks!