Jump to content

RAF A-4 Skyhawk


Gekko_1
 Share

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Gekko_1 said:

OK. Suggestions for XR770?

Boscombe Down in Raspberry Ripple!

 

Trevor running away laughing evilly

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Max Headroom said:

Boscombe Down in Raspberry Ripple!

 

Trevor running away laughing evilly


All the schemes have to be based off of this decal sheet.
JmbeyPO.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

Rats!


Jennings Heilig did this profile way back in 2004, if that helps. Got to admit, it looks quite attractive in that scheme. 😍

WsTmC9N.png

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No. 5 Squadron. RAF Binbrook 1989. Low-Vis 3

I like the flow of the camouflage lines better in this one. :clap:

 

mLgSres.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Gekko_1 said:

No. 5 Squadron. RAF Binbrook 1989. Low-Vis 3

I like the flow of the camouflage lines better in this one. :clap:

 

Better but I'm not sure if the pale roundel blue trim works: roundel red might give a better contrast.

 

To drop another suggestion into the mix, what about overall Dark Sea Grey scheme ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Richard E said:

 

Better but I'm not sure if the pale roundel blue trim works: roundel red might give a better contrast.

 

dloY5jZ.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Richard E said:

To drop another suggestion into the mix, what about overall Dark Sea Grey scheme ?

 

CWEITTw.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday Gekko, are you going to join us in the 'What If" group build? Regards, Jeff.


Maybe. When does it start and how long does it go for?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2021 at 12:06 AM, Lewis95 said:

How did you get into creating profiles? I must admit, it's something I've always found interesting.

I studied Fine Art and Graphic Design at College. There I was introduced to Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. Those two programs opened up a whole new world of creativity for me. I've always been into "What if?" alternate history sort of stories, even as a kid. So it didn't take long to use my new found skills and mix them with my stories to come up with many of my profiles that you'll come across here on Britmodeller.

Due to Adobe's greedy subscription service I ditched Adobe and bought Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer to do the exact same thing at a fraction of the cost with a one time fee!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gekko_1 said:

I studied Fine Art and Graphic Design at College. There I was introduced to Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. Those two programs opened up a whole new world of creativity for me. I've always been into "What if?" alternate history sort of stories, even as a kid. So it didn't take long to use my new found skills and mix them with my stories to come up with many of my profiles that you'll come across here on Britmodeller.

Due to Adobe's greedy subscription service I ditched Adobe and bought Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer to do the exact same thing at a fraction of the cost with a one time fee!

Ahh. Do you use an initial blank plate and just adjust as needs be? Where do you get the blanks from if so or do you create them from cross-sections?

 

I have a few ideas in mind for a 1 type = all roles type of thread.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/26/2021 at 1:51 AM, Lewis95 said:

Ahh. Do you use an initial blank plate and just adjust as needs be? Where do you get the blanks from if so or do you create them from cross-sections?

 

I have a few ideas in mind for a 1 type = all roles type of thread.


Actually its a pretty involved process that can take days or weeks to complete. Not for the feint hearted. Here's a link that will help explain the process:

http://www.rjlee.org/novice-avart-2.htm

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Very cool profiles............................how about a silver Skyhawk with high viz markings?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...