Mi-24V Czech Air Force 1/48 Zvezda

I want to present a model of the Mi-24V Czech Air Force 1/48 Zvezda

The set is widely known, thanks to heated disputes over the details and the lack of riveting.
The model was built in three months as part of the "Fifth Battle Royale" competition in the Arma Models group.

According to the details - due to the compressed (for me personally, they may seem like an eternity to someone) deadlines, I did quite a bit.

Improvements
- I deepened the stitching on the model, although I started to deal with this issue after I smoked the fuselage, as a result, in some places I had to suffer a little with the restoration of the splice
- riveting from arma. Here, through my own fault, I caught problems with the peeling rivet, some of which remained until the end
- fans in the cabin, but during subsequent work, one of them was still lost from the navigator's cabin
- equipment of the navigator's cabin. A semblance of instrument equipment was made on the starboard side - the pilot's footrest on the starboard side
- the absence of FCP on the prototype. Interestingly, this option of the pylon itself is provided, but the top of the console does not provide such an option, as a result, you need to carefully putty and change the embroidery in this place
- antenna extensions on the belly - if there are masts for them from above, there is no hint from below - the most noticeable cables have been added to the rotor
- pilot's footrest on the right side

Extensions
- wheels from arma - a pretty nice add-on, quite similar to itself and well-developed

- a machine gun and LDPE from the Master is a great thing
- blocks B8-B20 from arma models
- the cabin from the Quinta-studio der the Czech repainted in black (there is a set for NATO, but judging by the photo, this board was not finalized), otherwise no questions - excellent decals

The model came out imperfect, with a lot of jambs, but given the limited time, I still like the result.

Sorry for my english

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Fridrih
  • Like 68
  • Thanks 3

Lovely build. I'm very interested in the result as I have the P version with the fixed cannon. Ironically I bought that one because I didn't realise the V/VP model could be built without the unsightly engine / exhaust filters / heat suppression boxes / whatever they are on the sides, and I prefer the clean shape as above.

I've also read it's a bit lacking in detail for a new model but if it goes together well and is the right shape, that's what I need. The more detail it has, the longer it will take me to build it :D

What did you mean when you said a lot of jambs? Is it a difficult model to put together?

• Like 1

Fantastic result on this Czech crocodile or whatever they are called over there! (Hind sound so absolutely unsuitable... ! )

Saw them on many airshows, always impressive!

I did one in this scheme many years ago from the old Monogram kit, even tilting the fuselage. ... this one here seems so trouble free and absolutely perfect! The 80 mm rocket pods stand out as well ;)

Do you have photos of the cockpit as well?

Thanks, Werner

• Like 1

On 9/3/2021 at 5:52 PM, kiseca said:

Is it a difficult model to put together?

I have a generally positive impression of the model. The problem was only in the positioning of the parts the main landing gear

My personal advice on assembly

- is not to follow the instructions, but to think for yourself how best and in what order to assemble. I always do this with all models.

- fuselage - first assemble the half of the fuselage, and already integrate the interior into them, so you can avoid inconsistencies between the front part of the fuselage and the main one

- glue the engine hoods in advance, if you do a closed version

- glue the wing at the very end

- canopy - carefully, very carefully glue with super-liquid glue tamiya or similar and then putty the seam

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 9/4/2021 at 12:34 AM, exdraken said:

Do you have photos of the cockpit as well?

there is a photo in the process of work

- before painting

spacer.png

- before repainting

spacer.png

- after repainting

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Fridrih
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 9/4/2021 at 12:06 AM, Electric Indigo said:

Impressive result from a kit that was reported as underwhelming here and there.

In terms of assembly, the model is quite pleasant. There are questions in terms of working through it. But if desired, this issue is solved with a quinta, wheels and hands

• 5 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Charles H said:

Beautiful Mi-24v, Fridrih! Brought to us in all its glory with your wonderful photography. Your English is also superb. I bend my knee in total respect!

Thank you very much. Very pleasant!