Panther-soon to be knocked out in Argentan

GRK

Hi all

The latest build is off the block and into the cabinet temporarily un-based as i start on the next phase which is making a bombed out 1944 Argentan street-looking forward to that part! 

Tamiya's 1/48 Pather D (the panther in Argentan wasn't a D but its what i had so a bit of artistic licence!) with a lot of aftermarket chucked at it. Haulers photo etch set and fruli metal tracks- bit of a luxury in 1/48 scale and with the metal hull in the kit gives it some heft. I'm still surprised when i pick it up how much it weighs! 

First time using metal tracks but pleased with how they came out, got the brownish look i was after and i had a go at making my own zimmerit. I used milliput, rolled out really thin and then a metal file to stamp in the patter and then the back of a hobby knife to draw the lines. I struggled to get the milliput thin enough so it looks a bit spongy in places and my attempt to draw straight lines is laughable but hey ho!

What else can i tell you, a few shell impacts on the front plate and a bit of plaster mixed with lifecolour dust acrylics for the thick dust on the wheels which turned out alright i think. More rubble and dust to be added once its ready to sit amongst the carnage.

Thanks for looking

IMG_6341

IMG_6338

IMG_6342

IMG_6347

IMG_6344

IMG_6343

IMG_6337

IMG_6336

• Like 43

• 2 weeks later...

I think your zimmerit looks really good, for the scale. It was roughly applied, I have a couple of books by RZM publishing and it shows it was not always neatly applied in straight lines or even thickness. Great camo finish and weathering. I will look forward to seeing your next phase. Cheers Neil

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, neilspen said:

I think your zimmerit looks really good, for the scale. It was roughly applied, I have a couple of books by RZM publishing and it shows it was not always neatly applied in straight lines or even thickness. Great camo finish and weathering. I will look forward to seeing your next phase. Cheers Neil

Thanks Neil. I quiet enjoyed the process, always nice to be adding your own little additions to a kit even if the end results aren’t perfect! But thank you for your reassurance!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Great Panther!

I love the Friul tracks! Put them on my Panther as well, as well as on a Stug III, they are lots of work, but I really like their looks and feel! Give it so much more realism!

Tank:party:!

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

The final part of this model has been completed now its been added into the scene. 

I've posted more pics in the diorama section here:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235102904-knocked-out-in-argentan/

But here's a little pic to show it off in its proper setting courtesy of a little photoshop:

IMG_3679-15

• Like 1