Eidai Cessna 172

Mjwomack

Oh the thrill of the last minute, and KUTA waiting in the wings! This is my way of doing modelling, though I have to admit it's not a very good way of doing it.

Anyhow, the rub down markings aren't working; not sure if it's because the sheets are so old, or I misinterpreted the ambiguous instructions. The adhesive sheet is still tacky, if not super sticky so I'm hoping it's a mistake on my part. I'l reprint and try again, otherwise  Plan B will become the new Plan A

• Like 1

On 11/21/2021 at 11:28 AM, Mjwomack said:

I'l reprint and try again, otherwise  Plan B will become the new Plan A

I hope things are working better this time?

Cheers

• Thanks 1

On 11/23/2021 at 6:36 AM, CliffB said:

I hope things are working better this time?

Cheers

Today's the day! I've printed off two sets of the rub down markings- one for each interpretation of the ambiguous instructions and we'll see what happens next

• Like 1

Oh no.  Sorry to see things haven't worked out, but definitely do not put it in the bin!

I may have missed why you went for rub down decals, but I've generally had good results printing water slide decals on my old ink-jet printer.  I'd be happy to discuss further if appropriate.

Cheers

16 hours ago, CliffB said:

Oh no.  Sorry to see things haven't worked out, but definitely do not put it in the bin!

I may have missed why you went for rub down decals, but I've generally had good results printing water slide decals on my old ink-jet printer.  I'd be happy to discuss further if appropriate.

Cheers

Why did I go with rub-down? Once upon a time... Noah had just docked his ark and I asked him for advice! Long ago, rub down was THE thing- actually the only thing and so I brought some sheets. Yes, this project has been on my mind for that long. 

Things move on, plus rub down sheets have a limited shelf life, so all in all I've got another New Plan A (and it doesn't involve the bin)

I've got a laser printer and found waterslide sheets for that with reasonable reviews so I'll take off these rub down ones; the good news is that they didn't adhere very well. Then go again.

On the downside, the sheets are scheduled to arrive on 1 December, after this GB ends. On the upside, it gives me (another) entry for KUTA and maintains my private tradition of sliding effortlessly into the KUTA GB.

So, all in all, to be continued....

..in another GB!

• Like 1