Good day, colleagues and sympathizers.

I present to you for a review a model from a fairly young company on the market-Gecko.

A little Wiki.
In 1935, the War Office issued specifications for a new 15 cwt 4x2 military truck for service in the British Army, inviting manufacturers to submit designs to participate in annual comparative tests in North Wales. One of the participants was a modification of a 2-ton rear-wheel drive Bedford Vehicles truck. After these tests, Bedford installed a larger radiator and larger tires, the tests were repeated in 1936, after which Bedford modified the chassis to increase ground clearance and installed a new engine cooling system. For the 1937 tests, a new special prototype Bedford WD-1 was made with a payload of 15 cwt, it showed excellent results, and in 1938 a 72 hp engine was installed. In the period from 1939 to 1945, Bedford produced more than 66,000 MW, the cars remained in service with Great Britain until the end of the 1950s.
The model is also one of the options for using this truck - as a water carrier.
Working out the model at a height. A huge pile of fine detailing, excellent reproduction of the components and assemblies of the car. The model is extremely reminiscent of the latest developments of Miniart or Bronco, but with the best quality of plastic. According to the assembly, only one moment saddened me. The convergence of the cab. And here I'm not sure if my hands are crooked or if the problem is really in the model itself.
From myself - minor improvements, chains, a little internal stuff in the box of the barrel itself. I replaced the wheels with PanzerArt. The problem is that the wheels I had were not from Bedford, so I had to dig a little with the hub.
Painting from the box, Normandy, 1944.
The result is in front of you.
Coloring - RealColor, Tamiya, Akan
Oil and Pigments-Ammo and Co.
Thank you all for your attention, enjoy watching!

photo_1_1630278780.jpgphoto_2_1630278780.jpgphoto_3_1630278780.jpgphoto_4_1630278780.jpgphoto_5_1630278780.jpgphoto_6_1630278780.jpgphoto_7_1630278780.jpgphoto_8_1630278780.jpgphoto_9_1630278780.jpgphoto_10_1630278780.jpgphoto_11_1630278780.jpgphoto_12_1630278780.jpgphoto_13_1630278780.jpg

• Like 35

• 4 weeks later...

Really nice work Sergei. I notice you added the drain pipes from the filters. 😉👍🏻. Have you left the rear doors loose? I assume so you can show both open and closed? I agree this is a great little kit and Gecko are a very interesting company. 

Nice work indeed 👍🏻👌

Andrew

• Like 1

On 03/10/2021 at 20:15, APA said:

Really nice work Sergei. I notice you added the drain pipes from the filters. 😉👍🏻. Have you left the rear doors loose? I assume so you can show both open and closed? I agree this is a great little kit and Gecko are a very interesting company. 

Nice work indeed 👍🏻👌

Andrew

Thank you)
I made the doors on the barrel working)

• Like 1

I've reviewed Gecko on Army Rumour Service and can say that their models are first class. As well as Bedfords (MWD, MWC and a late cab version), they also produce a range of Cruiser tanks, including one under new management (German) plus a few ATWP's. Figures-wise, they have brought out an excellent Machine Gun section on the move plus the same section in firing positions. They also have a first class Special Forces unit which would make a brilliant diorama with a Medic ATWP. I hope they will carry on filling th market with more British trucks (my own choice). Something like a Crossley, ERF or Foden, Thorneycroft or Albion. All of those names are missing from the available suppliers and yes, I know you can buy a 1/35 Crossley Tender from FanKit models, but do you really want to spend nigh on £100 for a kit?

• Like 2