Starship Maintenance trench wall hanging

Remember the opening scenes of Red Dwarf? A spacesuited figure is painting, the camera pulls back & we see a huge spaceship.

Well, that partly inspired this build.  I built a Star Wars freighter and wanted a different way to display it.

I had a redundant noticeboard and an idea. Plastic card, Polystyrene foam and glue came together to create this...

fqhZ2Ym.jpg

d8ctrRr.jpg

Here's the Squadron badge. I thought some colour might brighten things up, and then this happened.

I used a Japanese wing roundel and a pirate decal plus pen & pencil. Panel lines were enhanced with acrylic pastels.

y3Pc9pm.jpg

Uy9Kxzy.jpg

The Starships all seem to have maintenance trenches. This is only loosely based on them, I just used what I had for greeblies.

aAw5u8W.jpg

More greeblies. We're going from left to right BTW. No prizes for guessing what these were originally supposed to be.

Pi3C6gR.jpg

The front end of the Vaurbian Freighter hoves into view. Above it is a repurposed 1/350th F-5. 

c2ya3ht.jpg

And in this shot is the Imperial shuttle. This picture was taken before I added the F-5.

YWV1weM.jpg

See, it's back again. The F-5 and various other bits were donated by @bootneck, so my thanks to him for his generosity.

UWDpV6H.jpg

Hopefully it doesn't look too far out of place. I tried to add a nav droid behind the cockpit.

There's room for more ships to be attached to this, so I'll start another in the near future. 

The WIP is in the usual place. Comments are always welcome, and thanks for looking. Pete

• Like 23