Old and new Camels

Bozothenutter

2 hours ago, Bozothenutter said:

Thanks for the tip!

Was looking more for a part for part compare really.

The reviews all seem to have low res pics, especially the earlier ones.

There's very little in common with the older kit. Parts breakdown of the interior is different, method of locating things like struts different, many more options (4 engines, for a start), treatment of rib tapes and stitching different (although still a tad over-done IMO), all details improved, different PE entirely (eg, pre-coloured lap belt for a change instead of the previously ubiquitous Sutton harness). Can't tell if it fits well until I start with dry-fitting but have read good things by others. Not perfect, but infinitely better than the previous kit, which wasn't bad either except in a few places.

Paul.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2021 at 5:02 PM, Paul Thompson said:

There's very little in common with the older kit. Parts breakdown of the interior is different, method of locating things like struts different, many more options (4 engines, for a start), treatment of rib tapes and stitching different (although still a tad over-done IMO), all details improved, different PE entirely (eg, pre-coloured lap belt for a change instead of the previously ubiquitous Sutton harness). Can't tell if it fits well until I start with dry-fitting but have read good things by others. Not perfect, but infinitely better than the previous kit, which wasn't bad either except in a few places.

Paul.

I have to agree with you here.  The old kit nice and very good for its day but the new one is leaps beyond that.  The shear number of options alone would be enough to impress most anybody.  But the level of detail is what gets me going.  And I actually think the new dual combo is a very good deal considering everything included.