Scale ModelWorld 2021 (aka Telford) - is on!

John Tapsell

8 hours ago, perdu said:

I am unsure who of us is coming, except I understand @Procopiusand chums are not coming this year from the land of the free.

• Like 3

@Procopius - Sir, not only a fine writer, not only someone who is well read, but someone who also has knowledge of the Muppets....

You are a renaissance man sir!

(At least round here)

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Bonhoff said:

@Procopius - Sir, not only a fine writer, not only someone who is well read, but someone who also has knowledge of the Muppets....

You are a renaissance man sir!

(At least round here)

• Like 3

8 hours ago, perdu said:

Here perhaps? https://ipmsuk.org/ipms-scale-modelworld/traders-at-scale-modelworld/

We're currently trying to squeeze 6-8 months work into little more than two months - stuff takes time (especially when you're juggling that work with a full time job). The trader list is provisional. It WILL change between now and 13th November.

John,

I echo the sentiments here thanking you and the "committee" for the hard work ou have put in so far, but there is one little thought I have.

In the list of traders attending you kindly gave, I didn't see the name Airfix.

Are we to understand they'll be a no show this year,  or are things in motion?

imilarly, I didn't see Little Cars aka modelling tools; again, are they a no show, or are things in motion?

I know you said things will change between now and 13th November, but if Airfix aren't there, will that be a very noticeable absence?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Whofan said:

In the list of traders attending you kindly gave, I didn't see the name Airfix.

Are we to understand they'll be a no show this year,  or are things in motion?

imilarly, I didn't see Little Cars aka modelling tools; again, are they a no show, or are things in motion?

I know you said things will change between now and 13th November, but if Airfix aren't there, will that be a very noticeable absence?

I can only confirm that this is the list that myself and the IPMS Webmaster have been asked to publish. My understanding is that these are the traders who have completed their bookings as of 7th October 2021. We'll see what changes over the next couple of weeks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, John Tapsell said:

I can only confirm that this is the list that myself and the IPMS Webmaster have been asked to publish. My understanding is that these are the traders who have completed their bookings as of 7th October 2021. We'll see what changes over the next couple of weeks.

John,

thanks for this.

I shall check the web page between now and 13th!

On 10/8/2021 at 9:13 AM, perdu said:

I am unsure who of us is coming,

My intention is to come, and my Holiday Inn booking next door was made two years ago (carried over last year of course).

@Martian and I will be hosting the new Poole Scale Modellers table (aka Wessex IPMS) and the even newer Target Facilities SIG, to which I have the dubious honour of being SIG secretary. So a couple of firsts for Telford there. Hope many of you will come and say hi!

There is one potential fly in the ointment for me though, in the form of a rather dodgy left leg as a result of a worsening vein problem. I've had it looked at by a consultant and scanned (both quite a while back) and await an appointment now for treatment, which will put me out of action for a few days. What's the betting the treatment clashes with the greatest show on earth ..............

If I am there though, and sincerely hope I will be, I will happily wander to wherever Bill and co are gathering, hopefully to meet as many as possible, including the usual crowd @Courageous, @Ex-FAAWAFU@RidgeRunner, @robgizlu, @AdrianMF, @Tomoshenko,@Fritag, @Heather Kay, and @CedB, plus many others I failed to mention (memory issue), assuming unlike me, you are all fit for duty!

Fingers crossed

Terry

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terry1954 said:

Fingers crossed

Sadly, not this year. Best Beloved and I were to be attending, helping on the delayed-from-last-year Battle of Britain 80th SIG display. For health reasons, that has been postponed again, so we won’t be attending.

There's talk of doing a big 85th anniversary display now, but I hope we will be able to attend SMW as visitors in 2022. Life and viruses will hopefully be under better control by then.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

My intention is to come, and my Holiday Inn booking next door was made two years ago (carried over last year of course).

I will be there! My wife and I are booked in to the valley Hotel in Ironbridge for the nights of 12, 13 and 14 Nov. I’m hoping to meet many BMers :)

Martin

• Like 3

I have very intention of being there, though only on the Saturday.  In my case the critical path is how soon I am allowed to drive, but I am becoming increasingly optimistic on that front; yesterday I was cleared to put weight on my right foot without the boot on (albeit currently under very controlled conditions) for the first time sine July.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

I have very intention of being there, though only on the Saturday.  In my case the critical path is how soon I am allowed to drive, but I am becoming increasingly optimistic on that front; yesterday I was cleared to put weight on my right foot without the boot on (albeit currently under very controlled conditions) for the first time sine July.

🤞

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

Fingers crossed Crisp, you know it is possible to rent a buggy for the day, don't you?

Looking forward to seeing you there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terry1954 said:

I doubt he will want to drive a buggy all the way from Salisbury ! 🤣

Terry

I can't see why not, it is a fine scenic route to Telford along the A road up to Swindon, then an easy meander along the plethora of high class Highways England tended superroutes.

Up over Birdlip for one, teetering along a Malvern or two then a dash along-a-Mynd up towards Telfordshire.

Fabulous ride in a rented goof buggy.

hur hur

• Haha 4

I did just that a couple of years ago, then had endless fun driving around just missing people with myopia.

I understand the rules are 'the closer you get without crushing the Lancaster they just bought, the more points are attributed'

Hours of fun and no driving test.

My first SMW for a couple of decades at least. Lockdown projects kept the sanity ticking over so it only seems right to join IPMS and come along... which I have and I will (Saturday). Looking forward to it.