Scale ModelWorld 2021 (aka Telford) - is on!

John Tapsell

Well 2 jabs KITCAT has got a jab card and sent off for this wasteful letter but now there is talk about boosters. This is all well and good but soon we will run out of time so what will suffice for entry in November? Nevertheless I have confirmed our branches attendance and booked my hotel a year ago.

Here's hoping.

@KITCAT here ya go:- https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/get-your-covid-pass-letter/

Follow the links, the letter you'll be sent will cover you for all 'large' events. Do it sooner rather than later, 'cos you can guarantee there'll be a backlog!

54 minutes ago, PhoenixII said:

@KITCAT here ya go:- https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/get-your-covid-pass-letter/

Follow the links, the letter you'll be sent will cover you for all 'large' events. Do it sooner rather than later, 'cos you can guarantee there'll be a backlog!

Doesn't the vaccination notice on your phone count as a vaccine passport?

33 minutes ago, Whofan said:

Doesn't the vaccination notice on your phone count as a vaccine passport?

Yes, you can have the letter as a PDF. If you have the NHS app (which is useful for repeat prescriptions) it can be saved on that. It is a QR code and my guess is that any venue with any sense will be set up to read them, cinemas etc already use them for ticketing. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr T said:

Yes, you can have the letter as a PDF. If you have the NHS app (which is useful for repeat prescriptions) it can be saved on that. It is a QR code and my guess is that any venue with any sense will be set up to read them, cinemas etc already use them for ticketing. 

Ah, jolly good.

Must remember to keep phone with me at all times!

Well, I’ll be there and hoping to meet as many of you as possible. No doubt I will

miss some but those will hopefully include @Terry1954 @lasermonkey @Jinxman @Courageous @Sabrejet @Wez @PeterB @PhantomBigStu @stevej60 @Enzo Matrix @modelling minion @Vultures1

@2996 Victor

@TonyOD @tonyot

@Richard Tucker @reini @Reini78 @Antti_K @TEMPESTMK5

@Giorgio N @Timmas @Hook @John R

@Col. @Smudge @Stilwell

@Wulfman @Learstang and the many others :) 

Mrs RR and I will be staying at the Best Western in Ironbridge on the nights of the 12th, 13th and 14th.

Martin

• Like 13

Thanks @RidgeRunner that would be good :)

Just checked my work roster and it looks like I'm good to go. Looking forward to it.

IPMS renewal sorted and NHS letter duly applied for :pilot:

Edited by Smudge
check diary!

3 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Well, I’ll be there and hoping to meet as many of you as possible. No doubt I will

miss some but those will hopefully include @Terry1954 @lasermonkey @Jinxman @Courageous @Sabrejet @Wez @PeterB @PhantomBigStu @stevej60 @Enzo Matrix @modelling minion @Vultures1

@2996 Victor

@TonyOD @tonyot

@Col. @Smudge @Stilwell

and the many others :) 

Mrs RR and I will be staying at the Best Western in Ironbridge on the nights of the 12th, 13th and 14th.

Martin

Sorry Martin,.... I won`t be able to make it mate,.... but have a great time and make sure you spend loads of money on goodies!!! 

Good morning Martin 

Sorry I won't be able to cross the Channel ..

But I hope that when this pandémic is over I will be able to come back in England ..

Have fun 

Best Regards 

Patrice 

10 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

@2996 Victor

@TonyOD @tonyot

@Col. @Smudge @Stilwell

and the many others :) 

Martin

Sorry Martin but I'll not be there :( Sure you'll have a great time though and I'm looking forward to reading all the reports and seeing loads of photos :) 

On 9/6/2021 at 9:43 AM, KITCAT said:

Well 2 jabs KITCAT has got a jab card and sent off for this wasteful letter but now there is talk about boosters. This is all well and good but soon we will run out of time so what will suffice for entry in November? Nevertheless I have confirmed our branches attendance and booked my hotel a year ago.

Here's hoping.

I've just applied for mine and discovered that it expires on the 12th September 2021!!!! Useless!!! :(

7 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

I've just applied for mine and discovered that it expires on the 12th September 2021!!!! Useless!!! :(

I am confused. I just checked my Covid Pass letter and there is no expiry date on it at all.

It can happen. After all, it’s the story of my life! :laugh:

Are you working through the official NHS site?

Best Beloved and I had hoped to attend this year's show. I was supposed to be helping with a SIG display. Sadly, health reasons mean various people can’t attend, so we will have to give it a miss this year.

Hopefully, next year will see us make the pilgrimage again.

10 minutes ago, Heather Kay said:

I am confused. I just checked my Covid Pass letter and there is no expiry date on it at all.

Now Ive had to go and re check mine, it seems ok, phew.

When l apply for my Covid passport it also lasts a couple of days but the one my wife has has no expiry date, weird.

Regards

Robert

28 minutes ago, Robert said:

When l apply for my Covid passport it also lasts a couple of days but the one my wife has has no expiry date, weird.

I just this moment applied for a pass (my 2nd) using the NHS smartphone app. I got it immediately, but it expires in one month. Which is annoying because you can bet in one month I'll need it and forgotten I need to renew it.

Cheers

Colin

This is why I applied for the letter, it has no expiry date, unlike the App. Also paper does not suffer from electrical failures.

I just looked again, and it covers NHS in all 4 constituent nations of the UK, with their respective logos.

Therefore I'm puzzled as to why residents outside England can't get them the same way.

32 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

This is why I applied for the letter, it has no expiry date, unlike the App. Also paper does not suffer from electrical failures.

I just looked again, and it covers NHS in all 4 constituent nations of the UK, with their respective logos.

Therefore I'm puzzled as to why residents outside England can't get them the same way.

Probably because the only thing common with all four nations is the logo, the administration part will be up to each nation since devolution

I do worry that this is the beginning of the end of SMW, at least at the scale we've been used to for many years. I am going for the whole weekend, but clubs, SIGS, traders and punters seem to be stating their plans to not attend left, right and centre. I'll have nowhere to display so I'll enter quite a few models in the competition just so I can bring something.

Some people say they'll come in 2022, but I don't really see what improvements people are waiting to see happen in the intervening 12 months. Vaccination rates among the relevant demographic are not going to change and Covid will continue to circulate and mutate. It will still be here in 2022. What material change will make it safer in a year's time?

My fear is that 2021 will be a damp squib, making 2022 a harder sell to those who do attend and traders/clubs/SIGs/etc. If 2021 is not a resounding success (and/or makes a significant financial loss), I don't see there being enough momentum to make 2022 any better.

Jon (feeling rather Eeyore-ish) 

• Like 1