1:72 Do17P Spanish civil war

41 minutes ago, Winenut said:

That really is  something special

I totally agree!  What bothers me about the RS Do-17 early series aircraft is the fit of the engine nacelle to the engine itself, and what looks like a delicate connection between the nacelle and the nacelle after-body near the wing.  What did you think?  I haven't built the kit yet.

• Like 1

Thank you all!

6 hours ago, Winenut said:

That really is  something special

Love the scheme

Brilliant

Is the canopy always "removable" so you can see the detail inside?

It was not intended to be removable. I fixed it with small amount of glue but it broke off during photo shooting:) 

5 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

I totally agree!  What bothers me about the RS Do-17 early series aircraft is the fit of the engine nacelle to the engine itself, and what looks like a delicate connection between the nacelle and the nacelle after-body near the wing.  What did you think?  I haven't built the kit yet.

Yes, the fit was not great. In my example, it was the engine that support the nacelle. It took many test fittings to ensure the alignment. 

4 hours ago, billn53 said:

Most excellent! How was the RS kit? I have one of their Do-17s in my stash and am wondering if there’s anything I should watch for when building it?

Thank you. Personally, I think RS kit is ok. It has many shortcomings of a short-run kit and the instruction is vague in places, so care must be taken. 
I'd watch out for the gaps where the upper wing meets the fuselage and fit of the engines. Wings' trailing edges are rather thick too. 
I still have their Do17E and F waiting.

Nanond

• Thanks 2

This looks very elegant! Excellent build of a less frequent Do. I always enjoy seeing SCW models, particularly those with a beautiful finish like yours.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, exdraken said:

very nice and rare!

what is INTAVIA by the way?

Thanks!

Werner

I was told it should be INTAVA, a brand of oil. No idea why it was written on this plane. 

Thank you Every one!

Nanond

• Thanks 1